Find
Notify
Tools

Jaguar attack
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
A woman ,worker of an open Zoo ,in Chaco was attacked and killed by a jaguar today ,its the seond attack by captured jaguars i have the photos of the first mankiller ,this year in another zoo a woman was killed by an antbear ,i dont know why these people dont train and carry a 44magnum in his belt .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
It is a well known fact that Jaguars like Argentine meat. Especially freshly killed.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Sadly this is another lost we have to be worried about due to careless behaviour... and as a direct consequence of the lack of respect wild animals are treated with, mainly due to the fact of the "disney syndrome" that humanized all wild animals ...

I am very fond of wild life (specially of all carnivores, repecting them as true hunters and predators they are) and I am always teaching my sons to treat wild life in a humanly way, which is pretty different to treat them as humans, as it is being told in most disney´s movies and, what is worst, in any zoo - where a more serious education is desirable Roll Eyes ... and to never forget they are wild and to expect the unexpectable from them ... in fact not to be angry nor afraid of wildlife, just to respect them for what they are - and to do so we have to know and understand as much as possible about their natural behaviour...

My condolences to the deceased´s family ... may this lesson be usefull to avoid another disgrace !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:
Sadly this is another lost we have to be worried about due to careless behaviour... and as a direct consequence of the lack of respect wild animals are treated with, mainly due to the fact of the "disney syndrome" that humanized all wild animals ...

I am very fond of wild life (specially of all carnivores, repecting them as true hunters and predators they are) and I am always teaching my sons to treat wild life in a humanly way, which is pretty different to treat them as humans, as it is being told in most disney´s movies and, what is worst, in any zoo - where a more serious education is desirable Roll Eyes ... and to never forget they are wild and to expect the unexpectable from them ... in fact not to be angry nor afraid of wildlife, just to respect them for what they are - and to do so we have to know and understand as much as possible about their natural behaviour...

My condolences to the deceased´s family ... may this lesson be usefull to avoid another disgrace !

Martin. You are quite right in your statement.
I should not have made light of this incident, but what prompted me was what you said to begin with. The humanization of wild critters. And as you said it is not so much a question of fear but one of respect. And to always anticipate that these powerful creatures may act out their ferocity without warning.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My guess is that it will go down as a "jaguar attacks and kills woman" headline, as opposed to "Negilient zoo worker killed by captive jaguar."

The jaguar who has already come off second best by being kept in captivity will now probably come off third best as well and be put down.

I'd rather be free and die by a hunters bullet than be kept in a cage for my entire life.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Every year some bambiists died due to their humanization of wild creatures and their anti gun feelings ,if they were trained in the Coopers color code and carried a 1911 in condition one this episodes would be very rare.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IT WOULD BE FAR BETTER IF MORE BAMBIEST WERE ATTACKED BY WILD ANIMALS !

UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LOBBY FOR LEGISLATION TO STOP HUNTING THE PREDATORS.... AND THEN SOME INNOCENT HIKERS ARE ATTACKED.

THE BAMBIEST WOULD MAKE EXCELLENT FOOD FOR THE CAPTIVE PREDATORS.

ANY IDEAS HOW TO GET THEM INTO THE CAGES ?

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Every year some bambiists died due to their humanization of wild creatures and their anti gun feelings ,if they were trained in the Coopers color code and carried a 1911 in condition one this episodes would be very rare.Juan

Damn RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is more a question of proper handling of the animal rather than carrying a 1911. I am pretty sure that if this woman died because of negligence, carrying a gun would probably not have helped that much.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Predators kill, period. If house cats weighed 100 pounds, they would maul or kill their politically correct owners. Why? Because they are sheep and chowder heads that will never learn. I keep telling them: Bambi is a cartoon....a cartoon...a cartoon....a cartoon.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by invader66:
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:

Damn RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to teach that to my wife

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote