New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spotted Owl
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If anyone knows the best way to cook a brace of these vermin, I'd like to know.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] [Eek!] [Wink]

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
I guess you would have to get the vaccin for SARS before you cook an owl. I just recently learned that the first chinese to get SARS had just eaten owls...(Don�t know if it was a spotted owl!!)

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
You have to season them with the roots of old growth timber. Redwoods preferbly. [Razz]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.........oh, they taste kinda like chicken [Big Grin]

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
Naaaah, more like passenger pigeon, or maybe a little like ivory billed woodpecker. I prefer to serve my owl as a side dish to a stew of Alabama sturgeon and Florida panther, with a red sauce, made (of course) of red-cockaded woodpecker and Red Hills salamander. This is after a salad of freshly-harvested sea oats and Perdido Key beach mouse.

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BBTURTLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingnut:
Naaaah, more like passenger pigeon, or maybe a little like ivory billed woodpecker. I prefer to serve my owl as a side dish to a stew of Alabama sturgeon and Florida panther, with a red sauce, made (of course) of red-cockaded woodpecker and Red Hills salamander. This is after a salad of freshly-harvested sea oats and Perdido Key beach mouse.

I tried this recipe and it is truly fantastic [Smile] . I took the liberty of adding a Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake for spice and would like you to try it [Wink] .
Thanks for sharing [Big Grin]
Back to the stove
Turtle [Cool]

Posts: 1115 | Location: SE PA | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote