New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new idea for beaver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've only had beaver barbequed and as a roast. Anyone have a few serious ideas. I am really talking about the kind that swims and builds dams guys.

Posts: 226 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
My wife pressurecooks young beavers for 45 minutes and then in the oven with BB sauce. Now we'll have to trap a couple!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've only had it as shredded BBQ on buns. Thought it was great!

./l ,[___],
l--L=OlllllO=
O_) O_)~-)_)
If at first you don't succeed,,,failure may be your thing!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cut the meat off the bone, pound it with a tenderizer hammar, salt/pepper/Cavenders, flour and fry. Tastes somewhat like deer to me.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take her out to a nice dinner, cocktails, maybe a movie or dancing later, then back to your place to make out on the couch.

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of 7STDUBBERU
posted Hide Post
clap That didn't take long animal

God Bless Our Troops

FU-AC

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some like to shave the beaver before eating it. I'll eat it any old way!!

Seriously. It's good smoked them made into stew.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow I knew this would happen.

Posts: 226 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LMAO- it was bound to. No one can talk about eating beaver without it going downhill.

Reminds me of the fellow I saw with his taxidermy shop advertised on his t-shirt.

"Bud's taxidermy proudly stuffing Canadian beavers for over 25 years"

sorry I couldn't resist

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The NRA Members' Wild Game Cookbook has recipes for beaver,opossum,raccoon,rabbit,hare,squirrel,groundhog(woodchuck),etc.While earning my degree in wildlife mgt at the Univ of AZ we'd go on weekend fieldtrips trapping all sorts of critters .The last evening meal a stew was made with leftovers and the carcasses of the critters we collected ie birds,kangaroo rats,snakes and any game meat we had for the trip.