Find
Notify
Tools

Show me your engine.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
I sold this car 7-8 years ago. Anyone have a dressed up motor head engine bay to share?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5116 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw one almost as pretty (as Todds) about 2pm. There is a used car lot, nice upgrade stuff, with a 40th Anniversary Murcielago, #4 of 40, one of 10 in the US.

Only the Italians can make an engine compartment look that sexy...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Definitely fine looking machinery.
Todd: How does the 599 handle slow driving under 45? A friend has a 430 and I was surprised how loose it was in the drivetrain at slower speeds. Might be an F1 gearbox??? Just curious.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5116 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd's V-12 wins.

Man, the Ferrari engine sure look better than they did when I owned my Lusso back when it was worth, oh, 'bout $25k.

Posts: 383 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
C.B.

The 599 feels quite large and a bit soft at normal city speeds. It has lots of room inside and is very comfortable, even for long distances. Feels more like a luxury sedan or sorts around town.

It's not until you dig into it hard that is comes to life and starts to perform. Probably my main complaint about it is just that in that it doesn't give you that sports car feel until you start to get near it's limits, and getting near it's limits is tough to do outside of a track environment. But when you do dig in, it's an eye opener.

P.R.

Oh man. A Lusso!! Bet ya wish you still had that one today! Yowza!! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-28...-a-centur-1665309191

This " Beast of Turin " beats them all !! And it's 100 years old ! When FIAT made real cars ! clap

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-28...-a-centur-1665309191

This " Beast of Turin " beats them all !! And it's 100 years old ! When FIAT made real cars ! clap

Holy Crap! BEAST is the right word for that engine!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Here is another! Enjoy.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Fireball Aluminum V8 1961.

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, is that first photo of your '61 Rambler station wagon? I have one just like it in mine. rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Todd, is that first photo of your '61 Rambler station wagon? I have one just like it in mine. rotflmo

Complete with simulated wood panels down the sides?

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, I owned a race car shop near San Francisco way back when. Here's a partial list of what I passed over
Lambo Miura S - $12k
Brabham BT 43 Formula 5000w/Traco 305 - $3500
Ferrari 250 GTE - $2500
Mercedes 190SL - $1500 (world slowest Merc next to a 220D)
The Lusso - $25k (all the money on earth)
Mclaren M1C (Elva w/Chev) - $4k

…And lets not get started on double rifles from Abecrombie and Fitch in San Francisco (Westly Richards .470 - $2800)

A&F advertised a Tanzania 28-day safari for $11,400, with four buf and two els on license, if I remember right.

'Course I was so broke I couldn't afford to pay attention, so they a all went somewhere else.

Posts: 383 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poprivit:
Todd, I owned a race car shop near San Francisco way back when. Here's a partial list of what I passed over
Lambo Miura S - $12k
Brabham BT 43 Formula 5000w/Traco 305 - $3500
Ferrari 250 GTE - $2500
Mercedes 190SL - $1500 (world slowest Merc next to a 220D)
The Lusso - $25k (all the money on earth)
Mclaren M1C (Elva w/Chev) - $4k

…And lets not get started on double rifles from Abecrombie and Fitch in San Francisco (Westly Richards .470 - $2800)

A&F advertised a Tanzania 28-day safari for $11,400, with four buf and two els on license, if I remember right.

'Course I was so broke I couldn't afford to pay attention, so they a all went somewhere else.

Been there! Back when I first got out of the military and hired on with the Airlines, I was obviously on "Probationary Pay", which was a way for the airlines to save money and really see who wanted to be there. The joke was to never come home with food on your breath because that would be cheating on the family that was starving!

Anyway, a buddy of my uncle was selling his ranch in Central Texas. Prime whitetail deer habitat and I hunted it for several years. 845 acres for the grand total of $325,000 back in 1992 - 1993. Had two trailer homes, one converted to a 10 person bunk house with 5 baths, a walk in cooler, 3 barns, 15 tanks or ponds, completely fenced, and 8 nice deer stands. I think I invented copper wire that year by fighting over a penny with another pilot on first year pay so there was no chance in purchasing it. I saw that same ranch for sale again 5 or 6 years ago at $4,000 per acre! $3,380,000!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
June, 1972.

I bought my first Jaguar, an XK-E coupe, for $3200.
Met the original owners, who got it from his folks as a graduation (from dental school)present two years later. The wife browbeat the hubby into trading me his single-four barrel 427 Cobra straight up for it.

Two years later, the fiance shows me this gorgeous farmhouse, the people would trade for the care and give me ten-grand. A year and two weeks after we marry, we are divorced, and I have neither the car or the house, on the split.

I moved to Idaho a year later.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post

Volvo 72B 430 hp
in my fishing boat,, I also have a pair of GM 4-71's in my landing craft.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the suitcase size 400HP nissan engine.

http://www.gizmag.com/nissan-zeod-rc-engine/30611/

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Here is the 327 in my 64 Impala SS conv.

Here is the car

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odies dad:

Here is the 327 in my 54 Impala SS conv.

Here is the car

odiesdad, That appears to be a nice 1964 Impala.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote