THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    2014 C7 Corvette w/ Z51 options - any thoughts?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 C7 Corvette w/ Z51 options - any thoughts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw the new corvette on the road - was stopped at the same traffic light as me.

Amazing - the stingray corvette is as good as it gets on looks for sports car.

HP stuff is nice but its a little like shooting a 700AHR - too much of an overkill.

The new corvette one can actually drive to the grocery store.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Now somebody chimes in with the notion that the pre-2014 models were undrivable to the grocery store.

I got to tell my buddy Tim that he was lucky to live thru three years and 60,000+ miles behind the wheel of his 2010 ZR1. Oops, almost forgot, his wife drove about a fourth of those miles. Helluva woman.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Now somebody chimes in with the notion that the pre-2014 models were undrivable to the grocery store.

Who said the pre 14 models were undrivable to the grocery store?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6607 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was at local chevy dealer checking out some new Silverado trucks.

Guy drove 80 miles to pay 2K over MSRP to buy a new 2014 corvette. His local dealer wanted 10K over MSRP.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
The new corvette looks really nice, but in a few years, they'll be all over the place. I think what really draws people to cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini is they know when they buy one, they are not going to see another one every time they go out for a spin. Ferrari and Lamborghini sell exclusivity, Corvette does not.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but you can drive a Corvette everyday and the others will wear the dealer's service dept out.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Yeah, but you can drive a Corvette everyday and the others will wear the dealer's service dept out.

Not to mention your wallet, ANY work on a Ferrari or Lamborghini is unbelievably expensive. Of course, I suppose if you can afford the new price of one, then the service costs are just spare change.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the exclusivity is they wind up parked most of the time. That sure makes a big impression on everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
The new corvette looks really nice, but in a few years, they'll be all over the place. I think what really draws people to cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini is they know when they buy one, they are not going to see another one every time they go out for a spin. Ferrari and Lamborghini sell exclusivity, Corvette does not.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can write a check for $445,000 for a new Lamborghini Aventador Roadster you can afford maintenance costs.

Besides, those folks usually have a couple of nice cars in their 12 car garage...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most Ferraris with 20,000 miles have had 4 owners. They change hands pretty quick as do most exotics. Those that can afford them want the newest and greatest.
I sold an SL 63 and bought a Z8 a year back (got a pretty good deal on it). The SL 63 was better in every respect but it would continue to depreciate because the model replacing it was better.
Nothing superseded the Z8. I do not drive it much but I see it increasing in value every day.
I had a Austin Healy 3000 restored. Talk about a POS!!! but it really draws attention when you pop around in it. Do not think I would take it on a trip....
Perhaps if the Z8 and the Healy continue to appreciate I can sell both and buy the new Aston DB 9 I have always wanted. The new ones are nice!
I might add the next C7 is due out in about a month (Z06). Should be interesting!

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yah, I have an friend of sorts, that is worth about a hundred million or so. He owns seven Ferraris, and two Lambos; and none are new. He just buys what he likes.

I could do that, if I could figure out how to win the lottery...

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the corvette has not finished in the top three in any comparison testing involving a dozen or more cars. They chose not to offer a car to some of the magazines for some reason. It's a very good American sports car. Want fast, buy a 2008-2011 GT3-RS Porsche.

It does have one fairly unique feature shared only by the Morgan; wood is used in part of the framework.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it is good enough to be Harpers TOP PICK..The Car Of The Year.....The 2014 Stingray. The car everyone wants. Watch the video in the post by Beretta682E..The Vette is an awesome ride man. Makes old stodgy men feel young again....what car does that better?

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
Well, it is good enough to be Harpers TOP PICK..The Car Of The Year.....The 2014 Stingray. The car everyone wants. Watch the video in the post by Beretta682E..The Vette is an awesome ride man. Makes old stodgy men feel young again....what car does that better?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/ca...first-drive#slide-17

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't find a corvette anywhere in central florida - going for as high as 10K over msrp.

I just got a gmc sierra - great job on the interior of the truck.

The corvette convertible could get me back in a car and I don't really like sports cars (or any cars they are just a tool for me).

Damn this is a nice car.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
chevy is deliberately holding production down to keep initial sales high.

My old jaguar convertible makes me feel young. Some of the young ladies in the neighborhood, the malls, etc look at me when I cruise by like the girls did 40 years ago when 22 year old me had my '67 XKE coupe.

Some of the magazines are calling it car of the year. That is because only new or significantly changed cars qualify. The GT3-RS retains its' classic look.

New corvette, featuring the latest pushrod V-8 technology. Want to impress me, seriously, take it to the Nurburgring and set a new lap record...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!!!!

http://www.chevrolet.com/2015-...ay-z06-supercar.html

Even bigger news - 30 cents a quarter div.

GM is on a roll

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing car, 625 hp, 635 torque, 8 speed automatic or stick, removeable roof.
Bet this sucker will lay down some high 10 second quarter mile times as well as 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds or faster.
Sign me up in about three years for one of these bad boys.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6607 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
They almost got it right. The rear of the car SUCKS. Look for a change in 2015!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote