THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Need help on caliber for new single shot custom
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help on caliber for new single shot custom
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
6.5X57 . . .
Rimmed or rimless . . .
Only you can decide!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OP said between 222 and 308
Not sure if that meant bore or energy

If the latter……9.3x72R

Posts: 435 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3030 is just so easy to use. driving into town Saturday I saw large group of turkey birds in big field, so Sunday I checked again and there were 37 of them. yes I counted. easing on about 1/2 mile I almost ran over deer trying to cross road. avoided hitting it but boy o boy the deer was white!!!! back of ears and face were normal, the rest white!!!! first I ever saw myself. trail was well used so sat up and watched next day, no deer but bobcat bit the dust. 3030 took head off. NO I wasn't going to shoot deer but learned long ago to take gun into woods. game warden said I could as long as he knew I was going. be well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would pick the 270 Winchester. You can find it anywhere, perfect for deer to elk size animals, recoil is a non-issue and cartridge is long enough to easily insert in the chamber underneath a scope.

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a Hagn built in 223 on a mini action. It was too small for my small hands. Then Martin built me a 30/06 on a medium action. It finished out at 7 pounds. I couldn't be more pleased.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ideas. I am getting this going.

Posts: 10146 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote