New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fraser Single Shot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A nice original Fraser falling block in 400/360. The barrel lock-up is tight. Getting Bertram Brass resized to fit the chamber is a challenge. I have about a 50% success rate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great.
I would love to see more pictures, especially close-ups of the action.

Posts: 467 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would love to see more pictures, especially close-ups of the action.

+1

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of pictures. They don’t shoe the CC all that well.

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 467 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW.....thank you!!! Truly magnificent!!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Have you smoked a case to see exactly where the oversized ones are getting bound up?

If you are getting half to chamber, I’d suggest that when you are full length sizing these to go all the way into the die on the first stroke and then, without fully backing the case out, rotate it 90deg and then fully insert the case again.
Do this two or three times on each case and see what happens.
Is this rifle chambered for the thin Purdey case or the regular 400/360?

Fantastic rifle by the way!!

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a good way to smoke the case. I did use a marker but never saw a good mark (a faint line near the bottom). A new case sticks out about a 1/4”. After sizing, the case is less than the thickness of the rim. Some scotch tape around the bottom helped get some cases to fit. However, it failed on the others. I’ll try your suggestion to see if that helps. I’m also talking with Steve. It should be the thin Purdey case, I don’t think Fraser used the WR case.

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle. Craftsmanship is superb!

Posts: 83 | Location: Brownstown, PA | Registered: 04 January 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDGJ:
I don’t have a good way to smoke the case. I did use a marker but never saw a good mark (a faint line near the bottom). A new case sticks out about a 1/4”. After sizing, the case is less than the thickness of the rim. Some scotch tape around the bottom helped get some cases to fit. However, it failed on the others. I’ll try your suggestion to see if that helps. I’m also talking with Steve. It should be the thin Purdey case, I don’t think Fraser used the WR case.

Ken

Easiest way to smoke is a paraffin wax candle. Light and hold case just above the flame.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Fraser is definitely on my wish list. They are hard to come by. Yours is a beautiful example.

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote