The Accurate Reloading Forums
Fraser Single Shot

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9421043/m/8961009672

09 January 2024, 19:31
KDGJ
Fraser Single Shot
A nice original Fraser falling block in 400/360. The barrel lock-up is tight. Getting Bertram Brass resized to fit the chamber is a challenge. I have about a 50% success rate.

10 January 2024, 07:48
Peter Connan
Looks great.
I would love to see more pictures, especially close-ups of the action.
10 January 2024, 17:59
degoins
quote:
I would love to see more pictures, especially close-ups of the action.

+1

DRSS
10 January 2024, 18:09
KDGJ
A couple of pictures. They don’t shoe the CC all that well.

Ken
11 January 2024, 09:02
Peter Connan
Thank you
11 January 2024, 19:29
degoins
WOW.....thank you!!! Truly magnificent!!

DRSS
11 January 2024, 20:16
Huvius
Have you smoked a case to see exactly where the oversized ones are getting bound up?

If you are getting half to chamber, I’d suggest that when you are full length sizing these to go all the way into the die on the first stroke and then, without fully backing the case out, rotate it 90deg and then fully insert the case again.
Do this two or three times on each case and see what happens.
Is this rifle chambered for the thin Purdey case or the regular 400/360?

Fantastic rifle by the way!!
12 January 2024, 05:35
KDGJ
I don’t have a good way to smoke the case. I did use a marker but never saw a good mark (a faint line near the bottom). A new case sticks out about a 1/4”. After sizing, the case is less than the thickness of the rim. Some scotch tape around the bottom helped get some cases to fit. However, it failed on the others. I’ll try your suggestion to see if that helps. I’m also talking with Steve. It should be the thin Purdey case, I don’t think Fraser used the WR case.

Ken
14 January 2024, 17:10
fjrdoc
Beautiful rifle. Craftsmanship is superb!
16 January 2024, 01:43
Heym SR20
quote:
Originally posted by KDGJ:
I don’t have a good way to smoke the case. I did use a marker but never saw a good mark (a faint line near the bottom). A new case sticks out about a 1/4”. After sizing, the case is less than the thickness of the rim. Some scotch tape around the bottom helped get some cases to fit. However, it failed on the others. I’ll try your suggestion to see if that helps. I’m also talking with Steve. It should be the thin Purdey case, I don’t think Fraser used the WR case.

Ken

Easiest way to smoke is a paraffin wax candle. Light and hold case just above the flame.
16 January 2024, 20:56
bghntr416
A Fraser is definitely on my wish list. They are hard to come by. Yours is a beautiful example.