Find
Notify
Tools

Stock duplication back in business
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Last November I had to shut down business while I dealt with my heart valve issues. I had planned to be back and running in June or July. However I felt so darn good for the first time in 15+ years I spent spring and summer playing. Big Grin

While just a touch later than planned I'm back in service. So if you need something done let me know. Was thinking about a discount for the first few jobs.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
excllent

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Yeah put me down for one. I need to talk to you about specifics. IIRC you had a really nice classic style for mausers.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Jason shows how old I am I had to look up what IIRC was. Roll Eyes

Looking for something like this?
This is what I call an old classic.

While this is more a new classic.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
If I supply the wood what is the going rate on a classis mauser stock inletting?

Posts: 84 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
sc gunman I sent you a PM

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to know you're up and running and everything went well with the surgery, tu2

Posts: 188 | Location: Late,Great Golden State | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you're up and going....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
What is your price for my wood, and my pattern? For a one piece, and two piece.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

dpcd
At the current time I'm not doing a 2 piece with through bolt. I no longer have access to a lathe and I'm not really happy with my jig.

Before surgery price was $125 for my pattern and using someone's stock was $140.

Giving a great to be back discount for at least the next several weeks. $100 my pattern. If yours is a pattern ready to stick in the duplicator I would do it for the $100 as well. If it is a stock that will require extra work to mount discounted price would start at $115.

Return shipping and ins would be on you.

As to your 2 piece if it not a through bolt PM me with what you have and we can talk.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul:
Is there anyway you could either email me pics of your patterns or post them? I live in Ft. Collins and would like to have you turn a stock for a 98 Mauser 7x57 I have been working on. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1669 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I will be coming into a LH Zastava this fall and would be intersted in a Mauser pattern - preferrably one with a tad drop at the heel as the "American Classic" design does not fit me that well.

Second, of the two rifles pic'd do you have others of the first? Details, etc. as that looks really nice!

Thanks,

Jeff

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Jeff I have no LH stocks. A little cutting in the grip area and bondo can change your factory stock.

The first stock is my 400PDK. HEAVY Bastogne

Here are a few pictures.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...731023751#5731023751

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any other patterns (Mauser or Enfield) you can post. Like the traditional stock with pancake cheekpiece. Do you checker as well?

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any other patterns (Mauser or Enfield) you can post. Like the traditional stock with pancake cheekpiece. Do you checker as well

At this time I have nothing for an Enfield. Pretty much just a few Mauser 98s. As I said I have a Whitworth that is what I would call a semi-pancake. I have offers of a couple of guild style 98 stocks so I can make a pattern. Just expanding as I go.

Doing a lot of duplicating someone's stock with bondo changes. The majority of those I see no need to copy.

I do not checker. At the speed I can do quality work I'd be in the -$ per hour. Wink

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
you can't reverse to make a lefty?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
you can't reverse to make a lefty

Yep I believe there are some three head systems that will cut copy or mirror copy. Wish I had one. Mine is a simple two head system so direct copy only. A new system is on my wish list but have to have more business than I do now to justify the expense. I could get someone to mirror mine but not sure if there is enough potential business to pay it out.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
dpcd
At the current time I'm not doing a 2 piece with through bolt. I no longer have access to a lathe and I'm not really happy with my jig.

What about 2 piece W/O a thru bolt? Looking at potentially having a J.P. Sauer SxS shotgun stock and forend duplicated. My pattern, my wood.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Matt

I'm so sorry I had a senior moment and got you confused with another question and thought I had answered. Roll Eyes

I answered your PM

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking at potentially having a J.P. Sauer SxS shotgun stock and forend duplicated

Sent you a PM

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Does your mauser classic pattern have some cast off or just a straight line up to the butt?

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does your mauser classic pattern have some cast off or just a straight line up to the butt?

Straight line to the butt.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've had several requests as to what patterns I have. I had posted pictures on a different thread. Yep senior moment.
Roll Eyes

http://forums.accuratereloadin...9411043/m/5591078291

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I'm going to need a stock for a 1917 enfield In an american classic or your old classic style. I have a stock you could use as the pattern for the inletting. Not looking for a top of the line piece of wood. This is going to be a working gun so decent grain as far as structure goes would be fine with me.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to need a stock for a 1917 enfield In an american classic or your old classic style.

Do you happen to know how the dimension of the 1917 compare to the M98? If there was an interest from others as well I would consider combining the two for a new pattern.

Doing it in only one step (my exterior your inletting) raises concerns about where wood (bondo) would have to be added to the pattern to make it fit the inletting.

I would suggest contacting Cecil Fredi 702-382-8470 He can fix you up with a blank at a reasonable price.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
paul, ive got several enfield stocks for you to practice on if you need them.....

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
paul, ive got several enfield stocks for you to practice on if you need them.....

Jim,
Sounds like a plan. I'll PM you.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm going to need a stock for a 1917 enfield In an american classic or your old classic style.

Do you happen to know how the dimension of the 1917 compare to the M98? If there was an interest from others as well I would consider combining the two for a new pattern.

Doing it in only one step (my exterior your inletting) raises concerns about where wood (bondo) would have to be added to the pattern to make it fit the inletting.

I would suggest contacting Cecil Fredi 702-382-8470 He can fix you up with a blank at a reasonable price.

I could post picture side by side of a 98 and a Eddystone enfield

Thanks for the lead on a stock though. Much appreciated

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Unless you replace the rear tang on the action you will need to completely layout the stock differently. When Kerry posts the pics you will see what I am referring to.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Have to run to Atlanta leaving this weekend my 42 year old is getting married for the first time.

I'll get with Jim to see what it would take to make a pattern.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Have a good trip, Paul.... ive got several Boyd JRS sporters, a wenig that fits a rem 30 with a palm swell, and several military stocks... lemme know when you get back....

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
theres some pretty grain on that 1!!!!

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Well due to a senior moment Jim is making a comment about a Maple stock that is no longer there. Roll Eyes

So to repost this is a piece of Hard (Sugar Maple)Maple just cut in the old classic.
The first couple of pictures are still on the duplicator. That type of finish is what I strive for.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I like the narrowed shadow line better than the wide one on the pattern. It's shaping up nicely. CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the narrowed shadow line better than the wide one on the pattern

I think it is just the picture. That is an exact copy of the pattern. I agree that a little thinner might be better.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Here's my '36 Mex that had that same width. I took off about a quarter inch or a hair better. This cheek piece is longer than yours. I didn't like how it got close to the recoil pad. Did I take too much off the back edge? Ray

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Another angle. I would appreciate your opinion.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
The cheek piece going into the grip checkering has always made it look long to me. My finished stock has a .75" pad and 13.75" LOP the Maple stock is about 14.25" LOP so it is going to look different.

Question is do you like it? If so what do other opinions matter? I had one similar on a Mannlicher. I'm in the process of cutting it back from the front and recutting the checkering.

If all rifles looked the same just think how boring it would be.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you able to inlet one of your patterns for a Mexican Mauser? Ron