New
Find
Notify
Tools

Triggers Gunshop Mills,Wyoming Plot Thickens
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that a certain individual that was hell bent on telling us what he would do if this happened in his town has deleted many of his posts on this subject.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
and, where is the mauser?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talked with Tony this afternoon(22Apr)and he is still waiting for the response from ATF. So much for getting cleared up as quickly as possible. Appears that we have access to various NDT methods and as soon as Tony has his rifle we are going to clear the air once and for all!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also note that SGT Ryan has refused to make any more posts. I wonder why?

Hey Rich, Maybe you can call them again and stir up more shit.

Sasquatch

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything new happen on this situation?

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anything new happen on this situation?

Heck it has only been a month an a half. Roll Eyes

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard anything. I haven't talked with Tony in over a week. I figured he would let me know either here or by calling if/when he gets his rifle.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked with Tony last night and he said the ATF is the hold up now and they have no idea how long it might take.

Triggers wants nothing more to do with it or this website.....I wonder why?Smiler

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i wonder --- lots of people run from self-created problems.

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lord, probably sending it to Washington! Frowner

You never know, it could be the Kennedy grassy knoll assassin's gun! Big Grin

This is what happens when we become dependent on the opinion of paper-shuffling morons.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The way I see it, will probably end up dealing with Homeland Security before its all over.

Tony seems to be taking this all in stride. He is a much more patient man than I.

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
drew,

just trying to save bandwidth. I suggested we get an answer, he did that. So, no need to leave any rude comments about lack of response. If you want to dance, just let me know...

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Rich,
the guying posting "an answer" is full of stuff, and EVERYONE with any mauser experience WHATSOEVER knows its the odd mauser with a SN on the front bridge- where the crest and/or mounts go.

The guy posting "an answer" declared andy either be a criminal in destroying a SN, or an IDIOT for not recognizing it. -- and in either case, a criminal for shipping/selling/not reporting a destroyed SN.

Please define YOUR dog in this fight, in light of your now deleted comments that adamently vilified the gunshop. I suggest you take your original viewpoint, go read the "answer" and then go look at an FN supreme.

Let's see - Andy's dog.. he's been defined as a criminal by a gun shop. Gunshop's dog - they are doing what THEY think is correct.

Yours?

476AR,

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Drew,

Does the underside of the bolt look like this?

This is one of the features of the FN Supreme action.

I have to say I am disappointed that the FFL here has not posted any pictures of the suspected altered area as of yet, that might help speed this process along, whatever that is!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Mark,
the FFL took many pictures, per their own words, assuming the sgt ryan is the actual FFL, and not a possuer.

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Honestly Mark I don't remember. It has been out of my stable for well over a month and I only had it for a week or two. It does have very similar pitting on the bottom of the trigger guard though...

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want to dance, just let me know...

Here we go again...............

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"What I do know is any firearm processed through this store will be legal to the best of our knowledge."

RICH...YOU WANNA DANCE.....HOPE YOU CAN FOLLOW, CUZ ALL I KNOW HOW TO DO IS LEAD!

Apparently the best of their knowledge isn't very much, and right now neither is yours!

You have never held this particular weapon in your hands and looked it over for any kind of identifying markings.

I know where to find serial numbers!

I know what metal surfaces look like when serial numbers have been removed!

If they had been ground .030 deep, which is what it would take to not be seen, it would be quite obvious.

I have offered to pay for the NDT to prove a serial number never was assigned to this firearm.

No response from Triggers.

They know they are wrong!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Polite but FIRM, PM sent to Sgt Ryan.

TIME TO POST PICTURES!

It is a bit suspicious pictures were not posted to prove what they were claiming.

We await response..................

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another thing. When the ATF assigns a serial number I request it be stamped in a location that will not interfere with the NDT of the area that a serial number is claimed to have been removed.

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes, it does appear they are ignorant, and stupid to boot. I can relate to that, as can you from time to time...

Rich

jumping

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ignorant, yes. Stupid...no.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE!!

The ATF has possesion of the rifle. Performing their own NDT and assigning a serial number.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NDT=?

thanks.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Non Destructive Testing

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
drew,

you mean you haven't ever been divorced?

Rich

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
What f***ing waste of time. Paying government workers to find a serial number on a bolt action hunting rifle.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
What f***ing waste of time. Paying government workers to find a serial number on a bolt action hunting rifle.

But if they're wasting their time & justifying their jobs with these idiots, maybe they won't have time to harass or set any traps for the rest of us....
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
drew,

you mean you haven't ever been divorced?

Rich

Rich,

Every woman I'v ever dated has at some point tried to tell me I have to stop buying guns. That pretty much ends the relationship stone cold.

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
UPDATE!!

The ATF has possesion of the rifle. Performing their own NDT and assigning a serial number.

Was anyone given a timeframe on how long this will take?

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
UPDATE!!

Was anyone given a timeframe on how long this will take?

Or how much they plan on charging? I would not assume it is free. Triggers may have bought themselves a very expensive lesson.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
Or how much they plan on charging? I would not assume it is free. Triggers may have bought themselves a very expensive lesson.

I don't believe(even for a second) that triggers is going to agree to pay for the mess the created. They will expect the customers to pay.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jason,
I bet you are correct. and the fee, since likely unscheduled, could be cubic dollars

476AR,

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Drew and the purchaser have been sucked into the black hole of governmental stupidity.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody know a good attorney up there?

Rich

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
quote:
good attorney

Oxymoron.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
good attorney

Oxymoron.
Big Grin

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
good attorney

Oxymoron.

Anxiously waiting to hear from 22 WRF! coffee

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of TSBotswana
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I posted on the fate of my rifle. The ATF here in Wy. shipped the rifle to a federal lab someplace in Ca. that handles all evidence across the nation......that's where they are going to try to raise the serial#. Was told that it typically takes about 2 months,they process each case in the order they were received. Also mentioned might take longer because they are really backlogged right now Frowner............thats all I know for now just more waiting.

Posts: 14 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:

I don't believe(even for a second) that triggers is going to agree to pay for the mess the created. They will expect the customers to pay.

I'm sure they don't but unless the ATF determines that an original serial # was removed sometime in the past, they can be hung with it in court.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote