Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
http://youtu.be/30i_6awxEG4
What say you?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Assuming of course that you are in the U.S. then it's perfectly legal at the federal level to make your own firearms as long as they meet all the requirements of the 1968 GCA. They do not have to have a serial number or any manufacturers markings on them because they are not for resale. And unless the law changed recently you could upon death transfer them to family members without a problem.

At a state level though it varies from state to state and sometimes even down into the county level depending on where you live.

There are lots of websites out there dedicated to home building firearms, just look up Homegunsmith or Weapons Guild Forum or the gun section on the home machinist website and you will see lots and lots of guys building there own stuff. Everything from kits and demilled surplus to guys building their own designs from scratch.

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found that having a unregisted gun is very simple just buy a older free market gun for cash from someone you don't know.

Even better a pre 68 without a serial number

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Boom the guys over at AR15.com are doing that pretty regular.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really ,discuss this on the internet???? faint

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Out here in California we've been doing it for quite some time.

I've built two AR's from forged 10% blanks. I've also built myself two AK's and helped build nearly two dozen AK's in my garage.
It's all perfectly legal out here. Just have to comply with our assault weapons regs. but it's pretty simple to do and not to many hoops to jump through.

Go over to the Calguns forums and hit the gunsmith section there. There are stickies to reference.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Go to this link on AR15.com

80% milled AR Lowers

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Registered ??

That word is used way too much.

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Long guns don't get registered at least not in my neck of the woods yet anyway. 2014 they will be though, and we have a huge group a lawyers ready to jump when it does.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Go to this link on AR15.com

80% milled AR Lowers

That was a great read.
Thank you!

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Would be interesting to purchase sinker EDM Electrodes for this build. Does anyone make them?