Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt Welding
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
To question Duanes work is good for him and good for us. Makes him think twise about what he is doing, and makes the rest of us understand what he is doing. And once in a while he gets an input that gives him new ideas and maybe more knowledge.
He is a guildsmaster, not God, and as every other human he has room for improovement.
The codewords are manners and respect, which many of you never heard of or completely forgot.

If you can tell us all a better way of doing things please do so, but please behave like gentlemen.

Duane takes time and effort to share his work, and if you think this is to speed up buisness, I would say you do not have the full picture.
His contributions really lifts the quality of this board immensly, and I hope others would do simmilar.

Jørgen, why don't you make a thread showing us your boltforging? I am sure it would open the eyes of many to what you are talking about!

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Damn well said, Bent!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc_Stokeld:
JD-
I have education and numerous professional credentials I could show you. But I won't. That would be dignifying your little elementary school boy play yard challenge. I wish you would just shut the fuck up or go play somewhere else.

And while you are at it, if you want to act like a big shit and try to impress people, then find someone to educate you in both gunmaking and engineering/QC/materials, etc. You are an embarrassment to me as both an engineer and a gunmaker. You know enough about specific things to know that you know more than the typical person. You do not know enough to realize how little you truly know.

I NEVER post on internet boards any more, but you are a total embarrassment to both of my chosen professions and I am sick of reading your stupid comments. And yes, I mean stupid and not ignorant. An ignorant person just does not know something, but is capable of learning it with proper education. You are incapable of learning because you would rather try to dazzle everyone with what you do know, not realizing the whole time that you are just further proving to people such as myself (you know, guys who have actual education and real world professional experience in both fields) that you cannot see the big picture. Gunmakers and engineers such as yourself give the good ones a bad name

Marc, your post perfectly illustrates your own relative level of courage as well as your relative level of courtesy and intelligence, as compared to others on this forum. I'll be sure to give your opinions all the consideration they deserve(?!?). Meanwhile I suggest you engage your 'ignore' button on my posts, I wouldn't want to confuse you with facts and it appears your panties are all wadded up.

Bent, Jorgen and dan_oz, I wish that I could have expressed it as clearly and compellingly as you guys have!
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang!!Who needs to watch Hockey when you can read threads like this. popcorn

Posts: 187 | Location: Late,Great Golden State | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have refrained from commenting here for quite a while; can't do it any longer; Joe, shut the fuck up, you are making a fool of yourself

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
I have refrained from commenting here for quite a while; can't do it any longer; Joe, shut the fuck up, you are making a fool of yourself

It doesn't improove respect, when you tryes to "shoot the messenger".
J D actualy pointed out something of relevance. And the only thing many contributed with, was asking him to "shut the f**k up".
Do you look at this forum as some sort of religius moovment, where you are only allowed to sing "prais the lord".
Or should it be a forum where everyone learn, and improove

one of us
posted Hide Post
J. D. started this by stating his "opinion". He has restated his "opinion" ad nauseum. And I do mean ad nauseum! It is clear to me that it isn't an "opinion". It is a deeply held religious belief. He is a fanatic! A terrorist!

Beware of true believers!

I believe his religious fervor is what turns people off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Brer Rabbit sez: I am the mouf from the souf...thanks, Brer Rabbit, for making this thread four pages of useless bullshit...we should put this puppy to bed! My apologies for starting the whole thing!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane please continue to post photos of your work. I have learned alot from your posts.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
e

I am just a hobby guy, and been a member for some time, and rarely get in to these frays. But this one has just amazed me how once there is a little dissension between a couple of guys all the junk yard dogs come out of the woodwork with their teeth bared and their vile words, to me it does not make them look like very good guild material( more like a group of playground bullies to me), I also think Bent and some of the others made some very good points that some of you guys should think about.
James

J.R.

Posts: 19 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 09 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

People in glass houses............

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems JD has finally earned himself the same adoration here that he achieved over on the singleshot.com forum.
I believe they had the wisdom to ban him, at least for a while.

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My apologies for starting the whole thing!

Trouble maker Wink

Posts: 187 | Location: Late,Great Golden State | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
quote:

People in glass houses............

HUH! I don't live in a glass house. I am abit of a PITA though. dancing

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Emperor's New Clothes, a tale of an unfortunate Political Correctness syndrome,

as told by

Cleopatra, Queen of Denial

Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If i ever need a bolt welded i am going to call Duane Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who's Duane Clint? Big Grin

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well OK Mr. Wiebe Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK,let me get this right.Coathangers are no longer good for this? stir

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by plainsman456:
OK,let me get this right.Coathangers are no longer good for this? stir

Sure they are, just not the plastic ones!

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote