Notify
Tools

Bill Soverns Contact Information
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Everyone:

I have not been on AR much lately due to obligations at work and with my family, but I just read some unflattering threads about Bill Soverns.

Unfortunately, I will be on travel the next two weeks and do not have access to my home computer, but would like to get ahold of Bill as he has a barreled action, a very expensive stock and a couple of grand of my money.

Any contact information would be greatly appreciated as I would like to contact him abount my property that he has.

I WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT HIM WHILE i AM AWAY FROM HIM. Post her or PM me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Paul

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, is this your son 30/06 project?

Posts: 1292 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:
Paul, is this your son 30/06 project?

Yes it is, so to me this is more than just a rifle project; it is something special and means a lot.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try to get in contact with gasgunner. http://forums.accuratereloadin...9411043/m/1631078221

I though he started on that project. I was always waiting to see the results.

Posts: 1292 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was never able to contact him. He somehow got the word, but not directly from me. The most recent phone I have for him is 605-456-1942. E-mail bsoverns@sdplains.com.

Feel free to contact me, I am not hard to find, but not sure I can offer much more help.

Good luck,
John

Posts: 563 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try to get ahold of James Anderson and ask him, they were neighbors IIRC.

Posts: 119 | Location: kamiah idaho | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would'nt bother James with this. He has other things that he is working on at this time.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Any contact with Bill?

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Bill is reading all of this anyway.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDhunter:
Paul,
Any contact with Bill?

Posted on another thread in Medium Bores:

quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Received an email from Bill. He said he will start boxing my components up.

Fingers crossed.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did contact Jim Anderson, but not to get my stuff. I talked with him about what he knew about what happened with Bill.

Bill sent me an email; I responded. Three days after sending my response, I sent another asking for an update.

Going to give him a week, then start down other lanes...

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear he is communicating.
Good luck.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SDHunter:

Does Bill have some of your stuff?

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Received an email from Bill. He said he will start boxing my components up.

Me too. Bill is not a thief. He is just an unfortunate guy who's had to go tits up (business).

I'm only out a coupla grand, which is nothing compared to him or his family. In my last email I offered to pay for the shipping as a Christmas gift to him, he declined and is shipping my stuff piecemeal.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1439 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"tits up"?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
No, I got my stuff back a year ago.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though. It is going to another gunsmith to get reworked/completed next month.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
"tits up"?

i.e. as in floating tits up in a pool. as in dead.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
go tits up (business)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I always thought tits up was the dirty term for missionary? sorry, couldn't help myself

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how one could go "tits up" making stocks if the customers are supplying the blanks and making a down payment so supplies could be purchased for each one.

Even if the fulltime business got so bad that you have to work a day job you could still work a stock or two at nights and on weekends.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know how one could go "tits up" making stocks if the customers are supplying the blanks and making a down payment so supplies could be purchased for each one.

Even if the fulltime business got so bad that you have to work a day job you could still work a stock or two at nights and on weekends.

And, once again, our own self esteemed gun-nut has spoken, but, is it advice?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Kinda half arsed in defense of Bill.

And please note I've never met the man, sent him work nor seen the work he has done. I also don't know the circumstances that led to his current situation.

That said I challenge anyone to fill his shoes in his job, in his business and in his personal life. as we have no idea what led to this situation. He may be going through some personal issues.
Lets just put it this way running a business is easier to critique then actually do.
Especially in the Gun industry that is a disposable income industry for the most part. So when the economy takes a dive so does your livelihood and that stress of not knowing where your next meal is coming from can just about kill someone.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
quote:

And, once again, our own self esteemed gun-nut has spoken, but, is it advice?

Jim thinks he is a bigshot now that he is going to get voted into the ACCG. bsflag

It doesnt have to be making stocks. It could be anything. If you have work to do you find time to do it, whether its making stocks, or plowing fields, or roping cattle. Of course Jim doesn't think so, which is why an action I took to him for a simple surface grind sat in his shop for 2 1/2 years before I had to go retrieve it.

I have a personal interest in this situation. I donated to a Charity Rifle project which was supposed to be used to help sick children. I want to see that rifle built and the money used to help sick children.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
kc,
Anybody can have problems, but they should return the customers parts and money. In my little gun business, I do not take money until I deliver product. If you can't handle business, you need to work for a business man.
22mf,
Why are you going on various forums and deriding Jim? I have never had a problem with Jim with either quality or delivery time. I'm beginning to believe your personality is what causes you problems.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch

"I have never had a problem with Jim with either quality or delivery time."

Good. That is the way it sould be.

I only deride Jim AFTER he does the same to me. Therefore, I suggest that you ask the same question of him.

As I stated above, my interest in this thread has to do with the Charity Rifle Project to which I donated and to which I would like to see it finished.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
22, for Crissakes, you sound like my kids.

"HE STARTED IT! HE STARTED IT! HE STARTED IT!"

Grow up

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAS II:
22, for Crissakes, you sound like my kids.

"HE STARTED IT! HE STARTED IT! HE STARTED IT!"

Grow up

I don't have his name on alert so that when he posts I automatically go to his post and make a comment about him. But he has my name on alert and goes to my posts and makes comments about me.

So, I would suggest that you say the same "GROW UP" to him. And since you are probably half my age, I suggest you wait to tell people to grow up when you grow up a little bit yourself.

I think Butch said it correctly, "If you can't handle business, you need to work for a business man."

Part of business is customer relations. Its pretty much free speach here on AR and folks can say what they want. But it seems very strange to me that many of the folks doing gun work come on here and bash people. Pretty poor customer relations imaging.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You just cost me $20 by taking 4 minutes too long to respond exactly as I predicted you would.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That said I challenge anyone to fill his shoes in his job, in his business and in his personal life. as we have no idea what led to this situation. He may be going through some personal issues.
Lets just put it this way running a business is easier to critique then actually do.
Especially in the Gun industry that is a disposable income industry for the most part. So when the economy takes a dive so does your livelihood and that stress of not knowing where your next meal is coming from can just about kill someone.

I appreciate you trying to defend Bill, but I did some digging into why Bill hasn't done any work on projects to see if I wanted to continue to wait for him, or get my stuff back.

The information I received was confirmed by a number of different folks who have no ties to one another.

I will not post what information I know about Bill, but note that after receiving this information, I decided to have my stuff returned.

Which, by the way, still hasn't happened yet. And still no more correspondence from Bill.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAS II:
You just cost me $20 by taking 4 minutes too long to respond exactly as I predicted you would.

Sorry I took so long!

The fact that you are betting on what I am going to say suggests that maybe its you that needs to do some growing up.

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
This really isn't rocket science folks. If a guy decides to hang it up for whatever reason first quit taking work and notify everybody who has stuff with you on your plans. If the work hasn't been started send their stuff back. If it has been started get it done. There are weekends and nights if one has another job. If he's taken deposits on work that hasn't been started then get that done as well. WORK your butt off to save your pride and good name.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mr. Dempsey. You said basically the same thing I said. Now we can wait and see if Mr. Kobe makes the same comment to you that he made to me.

If he doesn't, it proves my point about him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with this Paul. I hope you are at least able to get all your parts back.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
I appreciate you trying to defend Bill, but I did some digging into why Bill hasn't done any work on projects to see if I wanted to continue to wait for him, or get my stuff back.

The information I received was confirmed by a number of different folks who have no ties to one another.

I will not post what information I know about Bill, but note that after receiving this information, I decided to have my stuff returned.

Which, by the way, still hasn't happened yet. And still no more correspondence from Bill.

I appreciate you keeping his business private. For what ever reason he has decided to quite That is his prerogative. And it is completely reasonable for you to request your goods back.
Now in your defense Bill should have made contact with all of his current customers and alerted them to the situation what ever it may be.

I only posted Because I was in his shoes once. I ran a small business and it was getting out of hand. My day job was killing me with overtime My father was passing away and I had just gone through a divorce. I couldn't devote the time to the customers. So I folded it up quit taking on new work and finished the current stuff on hand. I had customers pissed off up one side and down the other so I can understand the situation to a degree.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim thinks he is a bigshot now that he is going to get voted into the ACCG

Trying not to encourage the guy, but, I am quite flattered that he must think I am a shoe-in for membership. I don't think so but I hope he is right, for once. Members are voted in by a majority of the voting members.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
pissers pissers pissers pissers pissers pissers pissers pissers
Now children,

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but I hope he is right, for once.

That should be "I hope he is right, again."

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
There is no excuse for not communicating.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

+1

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

+2

www.KLStottlemyer.com