Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Soverns Contact Information
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no excuse for not communicating.

Gentlemen and other members of the forum,
As I understand an “excuse” can mean to “to release somebody from blame or criticism for a mistake or wrongdoing” If this is the definition you are using, you are correct.
I would suggest there are “reasons” many of us will never know for the lack of communication.
Excuses relieve the maker from blame; reasons lead to understanding and perhaps a better frame of reference from which to seek resolution. I would hope resolution for the people who did not get the service or product they desired is the primary goal of this thead.
To have a business fail is a horrible feeling (it happened to me when I was 20), to be reviled is worse. I would not seek to make anyone feel this way.

Posts: 222 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: 16 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good practice is to use The Golden Rule in all your dealings with others.

This road, like all others, runs both ways and I try to treat everyone in accordance with it. I begin by trying to treat others well and if they respond in kind then we're buddies (G). But if they don't respond in kind then the direction can easily be reversed.

I don't turn the other cheek more than once. His lack of communication, to me, indicates how the fellow wants to be treated.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
J.D.,

By all means, take action to recover what is owed you, I was trying to piont out that understanding the other's situation and recognizing what their realities are can allow one to sidestep all the anger and defensiveness to reach a solution quicker.

Since a solution is the goal, why not try to make it the most effective one? Calling me names or making public assertions about my character would really not make me inclined to admit I see your point of view.

As to the Golden rule; is that what those Nuns whacked me with when I was an obnoxious brat? MAN, that stung Big Grin

Posts: 222 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: 16 May 2009Reply With Quote