THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    What would it cost for me if i would by a 577 tyrannosur.

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would it cost for me if i would by a 577 tyrannosur.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can i buy a 577 T-REX For under 10 000 dollar.

Who make these rifles and how many cartidges would the magasin take.

Posts: 751 | Location: sweden | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What do you intend to use it for???

one of us
posted Hide Post
For moose and bears...

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Overkill, I have seen a couple for sale over the years and they run around $4,000. Your major difficulty is brass. The .585 Nyati and the .585 Wells Rimless Nitro Express will do the same things as the T-Rex and you can make them from the .585 Nyati basic brass.
Any good smith can take up the challenge and build you one. A-Square looks like it might be back in business, give it a couple of months and see. The Hannibal takes three down and one up the spout.

[This message has been edited by Roger Rothschild (edited 02-03-2002).]

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<hd352802>
posted
Overkil,you are doing justice to your name.
I believe it was A- square who made the T-Rex.
They are out of business now, I don't now if any other company is chambering for it.
Hugh.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In all honesty overkill I would look at getting the .585 Nyatti it would work out a lot cheaper due to being able to build it on a cz 550 or 602 which is what I will build mine on. As these other blokes have said brass would be more of an issue with the .577

------------------

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 585 nyati is maybe the best then.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Just more convenient to build, if your poor like me then you would build a .585 Nyatti, if your cashed up do a .577 T-Rex.

------------------

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<10point>
posted
Hey I have a real funny video of guys shooting the Ty-Rex. One little Arab feller is thrown right thru a window from the recoil, as Saeed is howling like a hyena in the background.

Ive showed that piece to my shooter friends and they have rolled on the floor............10

<rolf>
posted
overkill.
You have recieved sound advice from the other guys. If I remember correct "Vapentidningen" did a thing about the Nyati a while back. The gunsmith in question was" Hans Olsson, Klippan". If you find a used cz action and let one of our really good gunsmiths make a rifle according to your specifications it will not cost you 10000$ I think the rifle in the magazine ended up around 3000$.
If you are interrested I can look it up for you. Also if you want some names of smiths who will do a good job for you get back to me.
Regards/Rolf

------------------

<rolf>
posted
overkill.
You have recieved sound advice from the other guys. If I remember correct "Vapentidningen" did a thing about the Nyati a while back. The gunsmith in question was" Hans Englund, Klippan". If you find a used cz action and let one of our really good gunsmiths make a rifle according to your specifications it will not cost you 10000$ I think the rifle in the magazine ended up around 3000$.
If you are interrested I can look it up for you. Also if you want some names of smiths who will do a good job for you get back to me.
Regards/Rolf

------------------

[This message has been edited by rolf (edited 02-06-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rolf,

Jag �r prenumererar p� vapen tidningen.

Jag har l�st deras artikel om 585 nyati.
S� du tror att man kan skaffa sig en b�ssa i kaliber 585 nyati f�r 30 000 kr.

Vad tror du kan en 585 nyati sl� omkull en �lg p� 200 kg om man skjuter p� 50 m. Med en 750 grains halv mantlad woodleigh kula p� 800 m/S.

Var bor du i sverige...? jag bor i norra norrland n�ra finska gr�nsen.

<rolf>
posted
overkill.
I tried to e-mail you. But there seems to be something wrong with your adress. Please check and get back to me.
Regards/Rolf

------------------

<allen day>
posted
Just remember one thing: Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades. If you can't place your shots properly with that T-Rex monstrosity, you'll be shit outa luck, and probably better off with something that's more user-friendly - maybe something like a .30-06 or a .338 Win.Mag........

AD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aw, let the guy have a 585 if he wants. Ask Rune who made his and go over there with a check.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rolf,

I dont have any e-mail. but if you know what "lunarstorm" or "humla" is. I have both of these. On "lunarstorm" my name is Robepoika.

If you dont have any of these go to www.humla.com Och d�r registrerar du dig som medlem och mitt namn �r impi d�r.

G� och skaffa en humla s� kan vi snacka d�r...

one of us
posted Hide Post
overkill,
The cost of the T-Rex will most likly be the least of your worries after you pull the trigger the first time. What is really going to cost you will be getting a good Health/Dental Insurance Plan,,,,LOL
Go look at the videos of the poor rascals shooting this beast. I laughed so hard I was in tears. )
http://www.accuratereloading.com/videos.html

Saeed,
Have you heard of "Funniest Home Videos". You could have a $10,000.00 winner in there.
*Nut*

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted

Well to metion it I guess we soon might have a competitor to Saeed's video if Overkill gets a T-Rex.

I have an excellent solution for you if you would need a backup for hunting big bears and ELK. There is a drab green thing that looks like a enlarged beltbuckle. The text on those I have used "towards the ememy". They are deliverd in a canvas bag with 4-6 in each.

Strap that around your waist and you have something that will impress most creatures on this planet.