The Accurate Reloading Forums
What would it cost for me if i would by a 577 tyrannosur.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/77210024

03 February 2002, 23:10
Overkill
What would it cost for me if i would by a 577 tyrannosur.
Can i buy a 577 T-REX For under 10 000 dollar.

Who make these rifles and how many cartidges would the magasin take.

04 February 2002, 02:58
Johnny Ringo
What do you intend to use it for???
04 February 2002, 06:58
Overkill
For moose and bears...
04 February 2002, 07:37
Nitroman
Overkill, I have seen a couple for sale over the years and they run around $4,000. Your major difficulty is brass. The .585 Nyati and the .585 Wells Rimless Nitro Express will do the same things as the T-Rex and you can make them from the .585 Nyati basic brass.
Any good smith can take up the challenge and build you one. A-Square looks like it might be back in business, give it a couple of months and see. The Hannibal takes three down and one up the spout.

[This message has been edited by Roger Rothschild (edited 02-03-2002).]

04 February 2002, 07:38
<hd352802>
Overkil,you are doing justice to your name.
I believe it was A- square who made the T-Rex.
They are out of business now, I don't now if any other company is chambering for it.
Hugh.
04 February 2002, 08:58
PC
In all honesty overkill I would look at getting the .585 Nyatti it would work out a lot cheaper due to being able to build it on a cz 550 or 602 which is what I will build mine on. As these other blokes have said brass would be more of an issue with the .577

------------------

05 February 2002, 09:12
Overkill
The 585 nyati is maybe the best then.
05 February 2002, 01:02
PC

Just more convenient to build, if your poor like me then you would build a .585 Nyatti, if your cashed up do a .577 T-Rex.

------------------

05 February 2002, 01:03
<10point>
Hey I have a real funny video of guys shooting the Ty-Rex. One little Arab feller is thrown right thru a window from the recoil, as Saeed is howling like a hyena in the background.

Ive showed that piece to my shooter friends and they have rolled on the floor............10

05 February 2002, 01:05
<rolf>
overkill.
You have recieved sound advice from the other guys. If I remember correct "Vapentidningen" did a thing about the Nyati a while back. The gunsmith in question was" Hans Olsson, Klippan". If you find a used cz action and let one of our really good gunsmiths make a rifle according to your specifications it will not cost you 10000$ I think the rifle in the magazine ended up around 3000$.
If you are interrested I can look it up for you. Also if you want some names of smiths who will do a good job for you get back to me.
Regards/Rolf

------------------

05 February 2002, 01:08
<rolf>
overkill.
You have recieved sound advice from the other guys. If I remember correct "Vapentidningen" did a thing about the Nyati a while back. The gunsmith in question was" Hans Englund, Klippan". If you find a used cz action and let one of our really good gunsmiths make a rifle according to your specifications it will not cost you 10000$ I think the rifle in the magazine ended up around 3000$.
If you are interrested I can look it up for you. Also if you want some names of smiths who will do a good job for you get back to me.
Regards/Rolf

------------------

[This message has been edited by rolf (edited 02-06-2002).]

05 February 2002, 01:32
Overkill
Rolf,

Jag �r prenumererar p� vapen tidningen.

Jag har l�st deras artikel om 585 nyati.
S� du tror att man kan skaffa sig en b�ssa i kaliber 585 nyati f�r 30 000 kr.

Vad tror du kan en 585 nyati sl� omkull en �lg p� 200 kg om man skjuter p� 50 m. Med en 750 grains halv mantlad woodleigh kula p� 800 m/S.

Var bor du i sverige...? jag bor i norra norrland n�ra finska gr�nsen.

05 February 2002, 08:36
<rolf>
overkill.
I tried to e-mail you. But there seems to be something wrong with your adress. Please check and get back to me.
Regards/Rolf

------------------

05 February 2002, 09:07
<allen day>
Just remember one thing: Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades. If you can't place your shots properly with that T-Rex monstrosity, you'll be shit outa luck, and probably better off with something that's more user-friendly - maybe something like a .30-06 or a .338 Win.Mag........

AD

05 February 2002, 10:45
500grains
Aw, let the guy have a 585 if he wants. Ask Rune who made his and go over there with a check.
06 February 2002, 04:39
Overkill
Rolf,

I dont have any e-mail. but if you know what "lunarstorm" or "humla" is. I have both of these. On "lunarstorm" my name is Robepoika.

If you dont have any of these go to www.humla.com Och d�r registrerar du dig som medlem och mitt namn �r impi d�r.

G� och skaffa en humla s� kan vi snacka d�r...

11 February 2002, 05:08
Nutoy
overkill,
The cost of the T-Rex will most likly be the least of your worries after you pull the trigger the first time. What is really going to cost you will be getting a good Health/Dental Insurance Plan,,,,LOL
Go look at the videos of the poor rascals shooting this beast. I laughed so hard I was in tears. )
http://www.accuratereloading.com/videos.html

Saeed,
Have you heard of "Funniest Home Videos". You could have a $10,000.00 winner in there.
*Nut*

11 February 2002, 08:00
<JOHAN>

Well to metion it I guess we soon might have a competitor to Saeed's video if Overkill gets a T-Rex.

I have an excellent solution for you if you would need a backup for hunting big bears and ELK. There is a drab green thing that looks like a enlarged beltbuckle. The text on those I have used "towards the ememy". They are deliverd in a canvas bag with 4-6 in each.

Strap that around your waist and you have something that will impress most creatures on this planet.