here's a link to my pantograph on my website

stock duplicator

nice piece of turkish from fla30-06 for my 550 express

browningguy's ultralight 280 on on m-98
claro

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39714 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Man, it doesn't take you long to do a stock!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe-

Don't make me post a picture of the stock that *I* got from you on the Shilen!!! Razzer roflmao Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

Dang big guy, you got it goin on. Turn some more and take some more pics.

That is really good.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe

I like the design of both stocks. May I ask where you got the patterns?

Craftsman

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Billy.. thanks bud.. i might be sending the barreled action to you to inlet

Forrest,
you'll see it tomorrow

CB...
remember, i SOLD you the shilen...and GAVE you the butcherblock stock that i didn't make...

heh... and HOW does it shoot again beer

Craftsman,
the fiddleback one is a friend of mine's mauser pattern stock.. the other is a highly modified boyds/jrs classic...

cut and chopped and channeled for me and my high recoil beast

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can send it to me or I can come to your shop and Harry, Keith and myself set in lawn chairs and drink beer give pointers and watch you and Forrest whittle on that stock Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Billy,

Good idea, I could bring some form of dead pig for us to chew on. While watching Jeffe's "ELECTRIC BEAVER naughing on some walnut. A gathering with no beat upon shoulders or recoil induced headaches. A novel idea.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe-Can you carve a big ole thumbhole
stock for a big State Arms action,from a pattern?It would be over 2.5 inches wide.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe-

You SURE you don't want pics of it? It might boost business... Big Grin

(You know I'm just teasing you...)

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
CB,
i know you are kidding, but what i am scared of is that you would post the pics of the groups first, then the stock... and then everyone in the world wants that FUGLY piece of rail road tie..... and i still didn't make it...

heh, i told you it was the ugliest stock i have ever seen.... then ups using it for a bridge trussle didn't help

Billy, Forrest, Keith, Gene, Harry... and just about anyone else what want's to drive to porter...

--Billy, reckon you can finish an inletting and rotten stock seminar in a day? we certainly can sit around my shop, mess with stuff, go in the house when it gets too hot for the fans to cool us off.... drink, eat, and bs...

and we'll forsure not have recoil induced trauma that day, as the city kinda frowns on in town discharge....

in fact, i might have a stock or 2 that need to be duped.

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
First off, my seminar would mainly cover how to cover up screw-ups good enough so most won't notice, cause I aint that good.

As far as doing it in a day, depends on how much beer I drink.

I need to get off my ass and build a mauser pattern with some drop at the heel and we could turn this piece of English I have that might be dry.............or we could drink enough and not worry about it being dry or not and blame it on the drinking

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another "Seminar of the Masters" in the making?

one of us
posted Hide Post
you have mail.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe - Count me in on this "dream team" seminar! Big Grin I'll even bring my own lawn chair and beer.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
If its a "Seminar of Masters" I guess I'll have to be the Master Bubba since I have no other skills to contribute except sitting and drinking.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of questions if I may:-

1. Is the master damaged at all in the process?

2. Can it partialy inlet barrel channels and actions?

3. If no to 1, yes to 2, can I fly over with master and blank and join in Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sure as heck don't qualify as a master of anything, if I drink more than three beers I need to take a nap, but I do like to set in lawn chairs.

On a serious note, I think its pretty amazing someone can build a duplicating machine in a home shop and make it work, I think Jeffe has really accomplished something.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
THanks guys..

sorry to say, the master certainly is altered during the process. at a minimum, the finish is "burnished" to use a word chic said about it.. and most of my pattern stocks have a 1/4" cone drilled in the nose. that part can be worked around, but the stylus will mark the finish... and, if i am being stupid and taking too big a bite, it WILL mark the pattern...

I don't think i am yet ready to tell someone "yep, just refinish it after".... i've got some more learning to due with it. and lots depends on what the pattern is made from. remember, I call it a "pattern" not a "master stock".....

it will at least partially inlet, and I am working to get that better/closer on each stock..

thank billy... without Les' groundwork on it, and 3 months of headscratching followed by 10 months of build/modify, it wouldn't be anything but a "dang, i wish I had one of those.. and i might could build one" pipedream. .

kinda like my cnc and some other pipedreams... the first step to finishing them is starting them

jeffe

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Turning Party
6-4-05

Please email me off list,
jeffeosso@weaponsmith.com

if you would like to come up for a blank turning, filing and sanding.....

I have a victim, er customer, who is game to have his stock turned and worked, while you lot watch.

Make sure you brng ear protection.. not from the ouoter, but from me cussin and fusin!!!

Who wants to come?

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
jeffe,

What time do you want to start the show?

I plan on being there.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'll be there but I have to be back in Houston at about 6:00PM. What time?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Would like to start no latter than 10... it's going to be hot be 2... 9 would be better, but that will depend on who's coming and who's made it so far.... should be done tot he point of hiding in the shade by 12-1.

jeffe

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jeffe, it appears that you are takeing all the wood off the blank after it was rough trimmed to shape. I will search and see if I still have a photo of a blank that I sent to Saeed. If not possibly we can get him to post a photo or email it to you. You can save a large chunk of time with the method. You start off by raising the bottom of a 3/8" cutter by about 3/16" above the stylus surface. You then make cuts all around the blank to that depth with the end of the cut intersecting the start. You make these cuts every 1 1/2" from the butt to the tip. You then take the blank off the machine and using a band saw, cut to those surfaces you created. Once you pruned off that major excess wood, it goes back on the duplicator and you can cut the rest with the cutter.

This was George Hoenigs method to reduce all the oversize rather than chew it off on the duplicator. Hope this helps.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Count me in, I'll be comming back from Rooster fishing in Mexico the tue before and have a presention to do in Houston on Wed at my Houston office. But have no problem driving back up Sat morning. Sounds like fun.........almost as much fun as when the hogs ate my little brother Smiler

Oh I forgot.......just called my wife and got a kitchen pass to come and play.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Billy, better think twice. All those newly turned blanks will need final inletting by a pro, and from what I hear YOU DA MAN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fla,

I aint that good, I've got lucky a time or two. Harry and I have a plan to set in lawn charis and drink beer make smart ass comments, dring beer and cut up. I'm a light weight drink three beers need to go take a nap guy. don't let me drink and get close to wood with tools in my hands Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I'll try to make it for the party, just have to find out if I've got to go to Mobile that week or not.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
So Billy, can I have the rest of your beers?

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
harry,
long as it's a low carb beer, i'll split what's left...

heh...

that cheap sob got me to spend 70 bucks on chisels today...

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Can some one take some video footage to show the guys who can't attend? I'm check the calender & I have to work that weekend! Frowner

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Doug,
i bet there's pleny of pics and a couple vids... aint nothing but, as keith calls it, an electic beaver..... now, i was thinking an electic BEAVER would be a fine thing to have, and rent it out for 100 bucks a ride...

and all i wound up with is a pantograph!!!!!!

Jeffe

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Jeffe
I'll be there. I have spent years researching the art of sitting in a lawn chair and drinking
beer. My experence could be useful.
gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Gene, based upon your vast military experience we are assuming you will bring a bunch of Army beer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, this sounds like a true redneck gathering. All you need is a brisket and a couple of wild pork shoulders on a BBQ Pit and you'll be set.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First off........Getting Jeffe to spend money is like pulling hens teeth.........by the way.......whats a henweigh.

As far as the Electric Beaver, I would really like to play with it, but my taste is so expensive I would want to practice on a high dollar piece of Turkish.............so I better stay in the lawn chair beer

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
Gene, based upon your vast military experience we are assuming you will bring a bunch of Army beer.

Harry,

Gene is a JARHEAD, but if he could find an army supply dump, he would bring army beer. beer This would be in the best of Marine Corp tradtion. jump

Hog Killer

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Maybe some San Migel from the PI! Wink

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe - Have you posted a map or directions to your shop? Is the start time 9 or 10?
BTW, I found some take-off wood stocks in the attic. I thought I had tossed them when I moved last year. You want 'em?

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote