New
Find
Notify
Tools

more stocks on my machines
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you have any plans to sell duplicators, or better yet plans?

Posts: 1238 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rattlesnaker: All you need is a brisket and a couple of wild pork shoulders on a BBQ Pit and you'll be set.

If someone will supply a smoker and do the cooking I'll supply the meat. I'll also contribute to the beer/soft drinks.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I could make a big pot of dirty rice, with some of my (feral pork) cajun sausage and wild duck.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know how to cook the duck, wrap it up in foil with a piece of green mesquite and cook it for a couple of hours............then take it out throw the duck away and eat the green mesquite Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Gents,
If you would like to come, just email me at
jeffeosso@weaponsmith.com , tell me what part of town you are coming and i'll send directions.
looking forward to it
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39714 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking good Jeffe. I am fishing at Richland Chambers Lake, but would hope to catch you later in the year. Les

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Les,

Its not that far from Richland Chambers to Porter where Jeffe lives.........I would think it would be worth the drive to see that many knuckle heads at one time..............or maybe it might not Smiler.........anyway, you ought to come down and see us, if nothing else, it will be entertaining.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Alright all you Bubbas,

I think I am the victim er customer here...so know Billy Beer for Jeffe until he is done whittlin on my stick...

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, don't worry..........if it doesnt come out right, it will make a great pattern Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Actually, this may be one of those deals like Tom Sawyer getting his friends to whitewash his fence.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Well...you guys are making me nervous so...I called Ray Atkinson and asked him to send me a pattern stock for my BRNo Model 21

and this what he sent me...and I expect Jeffe to get the colors to match too...

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike is that what you found inside Gus's tree stump? who wouldda figured.

Pure elemental Candystripe

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
well..

there's good and bad on mike's picture..

photobucket is down, that's the "bad"

when i read the picture name, to try to get to it manually, I saw it's one of the phsyco-lam's, so i didn't have to puke in my coffee!!

I have a GAS grill, no smoker any more....
jeffe

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
okay.. just saw the picture.. barffed.. went back... printed it... just so my wife can get some krylon and try to free hand color match it....

don't worry, mike, i'll take some pics just before we zinv prime it, so you can see the surface finish.. wouldn't want any ole grain and figure detracting from the rainbow's color !!!

shesh..
(barf)

I need to keep a copy of that picture next to the fridge

jeffe

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Okay the party is definitely on as I just sent of the pattern stock, the stick, and the money...

Now somebody needs to keep Billy and Jeff out of the beer while there a whitlin on my stick...

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dang, fellas. I wish Texas was closer to Tennessee. I'd love to see "The Beaver" in action. I wouldn't mind emptying a few beer cans with y'all either.....

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
Okay the party is definitely on as I just sent of the pattern stock, the stick, and the money..

yeeeehhaaaaaa

BEER MONEY!!!
jeffe

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
Okay the party is definitely on as I just sent of the pattern stock, the stick, and the money...

Now somebody needs to keep Billy and Jeff out of the beer while there a whitlin on my stick...

Mike,

What is it worth to you, for jeffe and Billy to be kept out of the beer? sofa At least until the stick is finished.jump

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Keith is right about the beer. a guy who was in the Cav. lives up the road and keeps his beer in an UNLOCKED fridg in the back. jump
Mike, if you are worried about your stick, when i get there we can load ALL the beer into my truck and I will watch it close. beer Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought I was coming up to drink beer and watch Jeffe dup a stock........didn't know I was going to get put to work........I've always wanted to inlet somebody elses wood, that way if it gets screwed up.....at least its not mine Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Maybe some San Migel from the PI! Wink

I rember it was either 3 or 4 line San Magoo. The 4 liner was suppose to be better but after 4 hrs in O_PO we couldn't see the damn things any how. Long walk? back to Subic gate.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
jump

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I just checked this thread for the first time. Has this family reunion taken place already? If not, what's the date? I feel compelled to either attend the event or send the sheriff to investigate.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
hell forrest, just come up.. and leave johnny law at home!!

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest - It's June 4th (I think). Jeffe will hopefully post directions before then. Of course, now that I think about it, maybe that's how he is controlling the size of the crowd. Big Grin

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Billy,

Dont forget your barrel channel scrapers. And when your thinking you might need to scrape away some black around the magazine box.......dont. If I was closer I would join you guys....if nothing else for the beer and entertainment.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I got more frequent flyer miles than you got wood shavings...

I'll fly you down to supervise my stock...somehow I am thinking I am going to end up with a spindle for a weaving machine

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Scrapers............I was thinking an extra large dremel tool might be the fastest sofa

Mike,

I think that is a great idea to fly bill down...........I'm sure someone would put him up. He needs to get a dose of the makings of a good ole hot Texas summer. Besides, it would be a great cultural experence for Bill.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Jeffe at the rate this gathering growing before it is said & done you're going to need a permit! Wink

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Cultural experience my foot. I lived there for 4 years. I dont need to experience buttcrack sweat again to remember how much I hate it. lol

Still be fun to be there though. Make sure you get a really BIG carbide cutter for that dremmel Billy. Extra sharp. hehehe.........

One question - anyone glass the metal into the pattern stock yet?

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill, take mike up on the offer to fly you down................might be fun.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Ah hell, a stock duplicator, a few gun nuts and some alcohol. I can't think of a better way to make useless piles of sawdust! Razzer Sounds like fun, just leave the good blanks at home.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Terry,
We are 4 hours from Shreveport!! and 10 from Southhaven..

Billy, Do bring your inletting tools... Mike sent me the most complicated stock i've ever seen!!!

Mike,
Catch a plan, and say at my place.. it'll be a hoot

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Well I guess Mike is serious. I told him I will come on down. So...anyone willing to put me up? Where's the best place to fly in to?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Come into IAH after 5 pm Friday and I'll pick you up and put you up. You aren't allergic to dogs and cats, are you?

Billy, that room has two beds.. think of it as urban camping, if you need a place for the night

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Mike is checking on flights. No allergies to dogs or cats. Will keep you posted. Thanks Jeff!

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
man, i outta just whittle it with my chainsaw and get over the pressure!!!

jeffe

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Pressure? from who? lol - hey....has that pattern stock been glassed to the metal?

one of us
posted Hide Post
urban camping to me is Holiday inn express................I'm a Hilton/Marriot guy Smiler

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
If you are coming, please email me for directions (remove spaces)
jeffeosso @ weaponsmith.com

and if you can, bring a camp chair

jeffe

476AR,