THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Baikal sxs coach gun with a fake hammer system ??

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baikal sxs coach gun with a fake hammer system ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For a "ute window" 12 gauge I have recently put on lay away a baikal 12 gauge coach gun which has hammers to cock the gun but they use the normal internal mechanisim not the normal hammer mechanism.............I like this as I can instantly see if it's cocked.

My question is this is the only gun I have ever seen like this and I am wondering if it is common/reliable. I do not mind baikals stuff it's basic but sturdy sort of stuff.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Christ PC! Mate, next you'll be buying Remingtons Big Grin For what it's worth my "ute shottie" is a regular Baikal SxS, built like brick shithouses and just keep working no matter what teh knocks!
Cheers mate...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Con,

I have owned a couple of Baikals in the past......this one has fake hammers which cock the action (ideal for a ute shottie) and is also choked and still has 18" or 20" barrels.

I wanted a hammer action for the ute shottie for saftey reasons, I am going to add a big white bead and a slip on recoil pad. I have just never seen a shottie with an imitation hammer system before ??

I tell you what the bloody thing does not have a bad bit of timber on it beleive it or not !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fair enough too, having hammers on a ute gun. If you can't see its cocked you can feel it I suppose. My Baikal has always been a great ute gun, using AAAs its always been deadly on the "big hares".
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Con,

we think alike !! I have used AAA's in a short barrel 12 gauge for Years and I like them much better than sg's and ssg's............although when SG's work they really work Cool

I have owned a baikal hammer in the past but never with fake hammers that utilise the normal internal sxs mechanism instead of the nipple set up nomral hammer guns have Confused

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
PC,
Howdy Mate...

I, personaly, dislike muleears on guns. But the cocking hammers with internal strikers seems to be of the best..

Here's what i think on it... with my stoeger shottie, if it's closed it's cocked!! no hammers to pull, just flick the safety off!!!

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38662 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffo,

the reasons I like a hammer gun for spotlighting out of the truck is you can have it on the dash with a couple of sheels in it and closed.............ready for that hopper or fox that bolts your way beer they just add an extra elemnt of saftey when fumbling around in the dark in a ute cabin.

I just have never seen a gun that uses hammers to cock internal strikers............who else has made them in history and are they any good or better than the standard hammer gun with external strikers ??