Find
Notify
Tools

HELP!! I lost 2 scope ring screws!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I was in the middle of swapping scopes last night on my Ruger #1 and my 2 year old boy decided he needed to help me out. Well, in the process 2 of my ring screws were lost.

Does anyone have any extras I could buy off of them?

Thanks,

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
You just need the 6-48 screws to hold the halves of the rings together?

Are they Weaver or Fillister...give me the length and your address.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming they're Ruger rings?? If so, I'll bet if you called Ruger, they'd send you a couple of screws free. I know Bushnell did this for me once when I lost some Bushnell base studs for their bizarre mount that used studs that screwed into the receiver holes. The mounts had been out of production for years, but Bushnell still sent me a complete set of the screw-in studs at no cost.....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
Ruger rings? If so, I can send you a couple. I have some laying around because I replaced the screws in my Ruger rings with allen head screws from Brownells. S40

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I tried calling Ruger and they wanted me to send the rings back in to replace 2 screws. I thought that was a little rediculous.

I believe the proper size is 6x40 from what the Brownells catalog shows for being the right screw. The oaverall length is .334" and they are of the oval head type.

Here is my address.

SGT William Berger
104-B Brown Court
Fort Huachuca, AZ

Please let me know what I owe you for them.

William Berger

one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
Sent in today's mail. You should have them Monday or Tuesday (if I put enough postage on) -- S40

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I sure appreciate you sending the screws out to me. Please let me know what I owe you for your trouble.

William Berger

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Tanker:
I tried calling Ruger and they wanted me to send the rings back in to replace 2 screws. I thought that was a little rediculous.
You misunderstood. They were offering to replace your rings. Doesn't seem ridiculous to me.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I asked them if they intended to replace the rings since they wanted them shipped to them and was told that it would be to replace the screws only.

William Berger

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I asked them if they intended to replace the rings since they wanted them shipped to them and was told that it would be to replace the screws only.
You are mistaken.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Some Guy:
quote:
You are mistaken.

Yeah Bill you are mistaken they were going to send you a whole new rifle. Ruger likes doing things like that every now and then.

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 323:
Yeah Bill you are mistaken they were going to send you a whole new rifle. Ruger likes doing things like that every now and then.
He's mistaken, but you're an idiot. Ruger gives away scope rings like candy, but over the last four or five years, they've been doing it on an exchange only basis. Over the last twenty-some-odd years, I've gotten FREE scope rings from Ruger, FREE bottom metal for a Model 77, FREE small parts for my AC556, and beaucoup other FREE items. It was real friggin' hard to get: I asked.

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Some Guy:
quote:
He's mistaken, but you're an idiot. Ruger gives away scope rings like candy, but over the last four or five years, they've been doing it on an exchange only basis. Over the last twenty-some-odd years, I've gotten FREE scope rings from Ruger, FREE bottom metal for a Model 77, FREE small parts for my AC556, and beaucoup other FREE items. It was real friggin' hard to get: I asked.

Robert, don't you have some other board to troll?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dempsey:
Robert, don't you have some other board to troll?
Hugs and kisses to you too.

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sergeant Berger, I knew Ruger was a little bizarre about such things, but never realized HOW weird they can be! I cannot believe screws have to be custom fitted! Crazy!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
do you realize you just directly called this man a liar?

I'll be clear and sinple, my question is not *IF* you called him a liar, rather do you realize that you did
Jeffie Boy:
Mistaken does not equal liar. Must be some more of your circular logic BS. I'm not surprised.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Deguello:
I knew Ruger was a little bizarre about such things, but never realized HOW weird they can be! I cannot believe screws have to be custom fitted! Crazy!
There's nothing bizarre about replacing a pair of scope rings vice a couple of small parts. It's called good customer service. Ruger has done this for me on a couple of occasions including when I stripped out some ring screws.

I called and described my situation.

They asked me to send the rings.

I sent the rings.

A week or so later a new set of rings with the new torx screws arrived in a blister pack.

Yeah, that was really bizarre.

one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
When I see Bill tommorrow I will make him do some push-ups for you, cause he has made you look like a real ass. How does 50 sound, all right 60 and I will give him lawfull order and make him send those damn rings to Ruger cause you are right and he is wrong. Damn where is the discipline at in the Army.

Hey Bill don't take this serious!

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
when a man states a fact, and verifies it, and you contradict him, you are stating a negation. Since it's stated as a fact, you are saying it's not a fact. Unfactual, other then bs'in with friends, is a lie.

circular? LMFAO

and answers my unspoken question...

jeffe
Jeffie Boy:

There were no facts stated on his part, but rather what he believed he understood. Apparently he didn't understand Ruger's customer service representative, just as you can't understand simple semantics.

Once again, you come on with your circular logic BS that A+B=C=D=E, and E+B=D, therefore D+B must also equal E. Laughable, but in a rather pathetic sort of way.

Perhaps you are a very socially inept person, Jeffie Boy. Hard to say from this limited internet interaction, but I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption.

Until your next moment of "briliance," Jeffie Boy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I see Bill tommorrow I will make him do some push-ups for you, cause he has made you look like a real ass. How does 50 sound, all right 60 and I will give him lawfull order and make him send those damn rings to Ruger cause you are right and he is wrong. Damn where is the discipline at in the Army.

Hey Bill don't take this serious!
I'm sorry if you're not smart enough to grasp adult situations and transact business. We all have our faults.

one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
I will call ruger tommorrow and ask them myself and see what they say. You know what our fault is? Your from Oklahoma City, I watch King of the Hill and Hank has nothing good to say about Oklahoma city. Sorry if we can't control where we are born and raised.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of petty Bullshit to argue about.
Fortunately a couple of guys here were nice enough to send M-1 a couple screws for his rings........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will call ruger tommorrow and ask them myself and see what they say. You know what our fault is? Your from Oklahoma City, I watch King of the Hill and Hank has nothing good to say about Oklahoma city. Sorry if we can't control where we are born and raised.
Your problem is you are too detached from reality, hence you turn to cartoons for advice. My five-year-old knows better than that.

When I was growing up, my mother told me I could be anything I wanted. I chose to be an asshole. Some say I've succeeded.

If an asshole can get all kinds of FREE things from Ruger and you can't, what does that make you? Lower than an asshole.

Call Ruger's Newport facility for the free rings: 603-865-2442. I believe they open at 7:30 in the A.M., EST, AKA 0530 your time, GI.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
What a bunch of petty Bullshit to argue about.
Fortunately a couple of guys here were nice enough to send M-1 a couple screws for his rings........DJ
Ruger is even nicer: FREE RINGS.

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I never imagined 2 little scres could create such a fuss. I do want thank those who offered to take care of the screws for me. It just shows how good of people we have hanging out here.

Concerning Ruger customeer service (and any other company for that matter): it is usually a matter of what individual you talk to on that particular day. Who I talked to might have been having a bad day or just very busy or who knows what else. Next week the same person may have just sent a new set of rings.

Personaly I dont think it matters either way. The great guys here helped me out and I hope I can return the favor when somone else needs a hand.

William Berger

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Concerning Ruger customeer service (and any other company for that matter): it is usually a matter of what individual you talk to on that particular day. Who I talked to might have been having a bad day or just very busy or who knows what else. Next week the same person may have just sent a new set of rings.
Ruger customer service has been very consistent in all of my dealings. Used to, they just flat sent out new rings, no questions asked. Now they will only make "good will" adjustments on rifles that were originally equipped with rings and on an exchange only basis (just as they do with their gunstocks). I don't know if they're trying to conserve or recycle materials or what, but that's been their policy for a few years now.

I've received free bottom metal for a Model 77, free replacement scope rings for rings that were not suitable for scopes I was mounting on three different rifles, free replacement scope rings on rings I'd damaged that were my fault, a free bayonet lug, rear sight, bolt, oprod, and sling swivel for my AC556, a free extra set of nipples and nipple wrench for my Old Army, a free magazine loader and lock for my P94, a free bolt latch for a tang safety Model 77, and on and on. Pretty standard service from Ruger, must be why I keep buying them.

I could've given you a set of B-Square hex head ring screws, but it's kind of hard to beat a new set of rings.

FYI, from the Number 1 Owner's Manual:

Scope Base Torx® Head Screw, (8 Req’d.) MPF07600 All Blued Models ea. .50
Scope Base Torx® Head Screw, (8 Req’d.) KMPF07600M All Stainless Models ea. .50

I'd say there was a misundertanding.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
yet another reason why we need the ignore button
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
M1 Just get down and start knocking them out I will tell you when to stop. M1 you are obviously very wrong, when you admit you are wrong the closer you will be to closure. You have to be an asshole to get your free stuff from Ruger. By the way I will call my dad again and see if he found the rings and the screws. Gees!

one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
M1 recover, drink some water are you ready to admit you were wrong?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
jeffe
Yes, it's always a bad thing when someone passes along good information. Once again, you instigate shit without ever offering any useful information. Pretty piss-poor that you get a moderator tab too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
M1 Just get down and start knocking them out I will tell you when to stop. M1 you are obviouslty very wrong, when you admit you are wrong the closer you will be to closure. You have to be an asshole to get your free stuff from Ruger. By the way I will call my dad again and see if he found the rings and the screws. Gees!

quote:
M1 recover, drink some water are you ready to admit you were wrong?
Are these rants?

Your buddy is incorrect and/or mistaken. There's no shame in that. Too bad your ego won't allow you to admit the same. Then again, maybe it's just a lack of intellect on your part. Hard to say, but rather than investigate any of the information offered or relate an experience that is germane to the discussion at hand, you just keep on with your juvenile attempts to ridicule and deride.

Don't go away mad, just.....go.....away.

one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
This is all M1 fault thanks for losing the screws.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is all M1 fault thanks for losing the screws.
This is for you, pal:

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
jeffe

Just give him the boot. This asshole is somebody EVERYBODY loves to hate. He'd even be a army of one in the political room. Eventually he'll run out of places that lay out the welcome mat. He's been booted off more forums than most probably know exist.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dempsey:
Just give him the boot. This asshole is somebody EVERYBODY loves to hate. He'd even be a army of one in the political room. Eventually he'll run out of places that lay out the welcome mat. He's been booted off more forums than most probably know exist.
Are you still obsessing over me? And after all of the sweet nothings you whispered. I thought that was just between us.

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
JustSomeGuy,
In case you didnt catch on here. 323 and I are friends. We live about 100 yards apart and are both Army stationed at Ft Huachuca.

323 - DROP!!! DROP!!!! DROP!!!! And then on your back for 100 flutter kicks for you antagonizing everyone on this thread.

William Berger

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Dempsey,
Nah.. just an ignore button would be grand.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
JustSomeGuy,
In case you didnt catch on here. 323 and I are friends. We live about 100 yards apart and are both Army stationed at Ft Huachuca.
I was well aware.

one of us
posted Hide Post
JSG, The point is that it's one thing to be right or wrong and another thing to be a jerk about it..........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dempsey,
Nah.. just an ignore button would be grand.

jeffe
What? You still pissed off for getting showed up? Too bad.