Notify
Tools

adams&bennet barrels?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
and brownells sells wheeler (a midway company) product and midway sells some brownells products.

adams and bennett is a midway company.

jeffe

Midway quit selling brownell products years ago, and I've never seen a wheeler tool at brownells, but I've been wrong before.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just put a 35 Whelen A&B barrel on a FN action and recut the chamber to Ackley Improved. For smaller bore diameters, the F34 contour would be a bit heavy, but with a 358 caliber bore it looks about right. The OD finish is no where close to ready for a bright blue finish, but should be OK for bead blast matte finish.

When the stock arrives, and can get it all put together, I'll be happy with a MOA shooter. That is far more accuracy than I'll need in the field.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Don,
not to be arguementative, however midway was sells brownells bolt handles not too long ago, and brownells sells pact and wheeler products, even today.. and they used to carry alot MORE of them

however, brownells doesn't call AB barrels, which seem to sell out on midway quite often.

so, if brownells isn't carrying an expanded midway catalog (or vice versa) I understand..

but they used to sell each other products ALOT...

until larry (midway) tried to also take brownells catalog format, held their NRA contributions (excuse me WHAT) as part of their legal defense, and lost (perhaps didn't make it to court) a lawsuit from brownells for stealing their IP in the catalog layout, and then started charging shipping...

midway is my LEAST favorite vendor.. they had been "okay" in price, until the shipping and minimum order kicked in...

but AB barrels tend to shoot fairly well, and with a little work, they look okay.. heck, just order their 26" format and cut an inch off either end, and they look okay

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

For some one not intending to be argumentative, you sure do persist in bringing this topic back up.

I too heard straight from Midway that Shaw made their A&B barrels. That was a long time ago now. Who makes them these days is beyond me and somewhat irrelevent.

I do know that they ran all over the board in terms of quality. So much so that I stopped installing them for customers, Some shot good, some not so good but I tell you this, I used to get a workout changing my pilots on my reamers. One day I installed 4 of their barrels in the same caliber and I had to change my pilot 4 times. That was the day I stopped accepting them for installation.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont care who's name is on the outside, it's whats on the inside that counts .... so to speak. Razzer
I want a Win or Rem made enfield, a German wthby and a Belgium Browning and a Green Mt A&B

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have rebarreled a couple Savages with Midway A&B Varmint weights 223,221 FB. No complains here.

Picture of chovanl
posted Hide Post
I sent a 338-06 back, had to pry the spent case out, received another, shoots great. I have since installed a 223 Ackley, 260, 416 Taylor. A little bulky, but heck for the money, I’m very pleased.

Battenfeld Technologies, Inc
5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203-9274

MidwayUSA
5885 W. Van Horn Tavern Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203

Posts: 35 | Location: Rocksprings, Texas | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote