New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heads Up on Montana Rifleman Co's Refund Policy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for my LH action for over 8 months now. I certainly hope that I do not need to send it back after all this time, or should I say after all the time it takes to finally receive it. I am optimistic about it being a good product; the heat MRC has taken in these pages ought to go a long way in having them make sure it is a good product. Time will tell...

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

TCI "can you prove any this?" this is real cute. Only if MRC is ready to open their books and bank statements up on this forum could I prove that tongue in cheek statement and you're a bright enough little fellow to know that ain't going to happen and that's the reason you feel safe in saying that. You and guys like Rod are the real trolls here and twist things around. Here in Alaska we more commonly refer to your type as "Weasels" a type that postmodern liberal America seems to well supplied with nowadays. It's guys like you that I take some saatisfaction in taking a shot at, not MRC. They've been shooting at themsselves lately, mostly at their own feet. Read Rods post real close, if that isn't twisting things around, I don't know what is. Walex

Yea, I'm bright enough to see though your game. Here in the lower 48, we commonly refer to your type as a liar and a TROLL

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After re-reading Chris post on the barreled action in SS 416 Rem Mag, I noticed an error in his statement. The firing pin snapped forward when the bolt was pulled back about halfway open, not when the bolt was closed. A friend and hunting partner since has told me that he knew a man who had a gun fire on him, about 25 yrs ago while extracting a live round, and a nearby friend got quite a bit of the fragments of the round in the leg. He's trying to get the details from the now deceased man's son. He did know that it was the bolt sleeve tweaking off because the lock didn't work or catch.

Posts: 253 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
The exact same thought came to me as well.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Walex you revieved an action with a defect, you were refunded your money, whats your beef? Do you think MRC should shut the doors and give up?

I think most here see through you.

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It was posted that no cards would be charged until the number was reached but what happened with me was when I called them with my order that said they were going to charge it them mine have a serial no. below 300.
I blame me for going along with it.
I am not trying to blast MRC the two actions I have look ok however I dont think anyone is out of line posting a honest problem here after all there has been a lot of press on the board from them.
The people who have paid in advance and carried them for all this time have been the ones doing them a favor they have a right to expect top notch service from them.

875x, I don't disagree with your final conclusion, even though I'd like to believe that MRC would provide top notch service to any of their customers, be they Charter Issue participants or not.

Just one comment, though. If you read the Charter Issue conditions I cited yesterday (see above), then you'll see that MRC specified that cards would be charged when a threshhold number of 100 was reached, but that you could still get in on the Charter all the way until 350 had been sold. If you got your order in between 100-350, that would mean you'd get charged immediately, and like other Charter Issue participants would start a longish wait. It seems like you have got your actions, there are still quite a few people waiting, case in point our resident southpaws. But I guess that is what you are up for when you participate in a deal like this? Yes it took longer than MRC originally expected, but when was the last time you saw a new gun-related product be available on the day it was announced?? In this respect MRC is in good company, whether we like it or not.
Hope you like your actions after all,
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The credibility of Walex or Mtn.Htr is not the issue here. MRC credibility or lack thereof is the issue here.Mark

Posts: 109 | Location: Sask.Ca | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have ordered MRC Long Action. It was shipped to my gunsmith for my project. Along the way I changed my order which was for the PH actions. I was cheerfully refunded my money which I sent in the form of a money order. No hassles, no problems. This is only my experience.

I am waiting on their Lefthanded Long Actions to be shipped. These have been delayed and I understand that these things do occur.

I have always been treated well and been told the straight of the matter when I have spoken to them in person or in replies from MRC on this forum.

Walex, have you ordered a MRC action? Was there a problem with it? If you returned it did they correct the problem or refund your money? Do you have a Dakota rifle?
Do you have any first hand knowledge of an individual be hurt by a defective MRC action?

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The credibility of Walex or Mtn.Htr is not the issue here. MRC credibility or lack thereof is the issue here.Mark

You are right. See my above post. Walex received an action with problems; MRC refunded his money, even sent the action in question to three different independent gunsmiths for inspection and evaluation. Walex in my opinion received outstanding customer service so my question, �what�s his beef�?

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Update:

This morning I received an E mail reply from Dan of MRC, he wrote my E mail request for a refund has been forwarded to the owner of MRC. He also stated all future requests should go to the administrative office as the sales office is no longer in the same building.

I then received a phone call at 8:00AM (PT) sharp from MRC's owner Brian. He apologised for not refunding or crediting my account sooner as my refund paperwork was left unprocessed by a certain person within the company. I won't go into details on this forum but Brian did tell me that person was let go. Brian said he would credit my account immediately for my returned action + S&H charges and I should see the credit show up soon. (these credits take a little time to show up on accts)

I will wait for the credit to show up on my account and will update the forum when it's official.

I would like to add that Brian of MRC did the honorable thing and picked up the phone. He did sound sincere and apologised for what was a inner company communication problem and growing pains on his end. Hopefully this matter has been resolved and will come to a closure soon.

MtnHtr

Posts: 254 | Location: USA | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good, so glad to hear that. To be quite honest, anyhting else would have been out of character with the MRC I have come to know. Shit happens, but if and when it does happen, keep communications channels open. Thanks for posting that MtnHtr, goes to show that you are not out to harm MRC, but had a valid problem that needed resolution.
- mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
First of all, let me apologize to MtnHtr for his not receiving his credit in a more timely fashion. I have spoken with the owner this very morning and he stated that he would take care of it this morning. There have been quite a few things going on here at the Montana Rifle Company that we did not feel were appropriate for the entire world to see.

First of all our bookkeeper left the company and its books in dissarray. We discovered after a period of time that the bookkeepers qualifications and resume did not match. This at the time did not seem like a huge problem as we felt that they could be taught the ins and outs of being a full charge bookkeeper. Unfortunately we were wrong. Because of the lack of experience the bookkeeper possessed it has taken more than a month to correct the numerous errors found. This is, of course, not an excuse for the delay in the refund or our putting fault completely on the shoulders of our previous bookkeeper. Whenever someone cancelled an order, it was forwarded to the bookkeeper so that the crediting of their card or check could be done asap. Unfortunately this was not being done. This should not cause anyone any undue worry or stress about the Montana Rifle Company or its financial condition. We have had a few tough moments over the past year, but because of the leadership in the company as well as the general excitement over our products we have overcome these.

The numerous delays are very disconcerting to our customers and we realize that the "expected" ship dates have come and gone on more than one occasion.but please as I have said before, this is something that is beyond our control. We have had problems with machine shops and suppliers being able to furnish all the parts when we need them. We are working hard to correct this. Our sales/customer service reps are letting anyone who calls know this.

When we started the "Charter Issue" program on the short actions and the left hand long actions it was made quite clear to everyone who was interested that when we reached a particular number that their credit card or check would be deposited at that time. We also went as far as letting everyone know who ordered that prior to our depositing their credit card or check that they would receive a call. I can tell you with quite a bit of confidence that my sales staff called each and every individual before we charged them, so their wasn't anyone that I was aware of that was "unaware" that their card was being charged. We also informed everyone that "when" the action shipped we would at that time charge them for the shipping and/or barreling at that time. We've tried to ship everyones multiple orders at one time to save shipping costs whenever possible, but most generally we found that because of the constant delays that individuals were requesting their action or actions shipped when available. We tried to accomodate our customers whenever humanly possible.

MtnHtr's action did have a flaw in it, but it wasn't so much a flaw as it was a machining error. If anyone has one of our actions you will notice that under the bolt release button their is a screw holding the button in place. Unfortunately on MtnHtr's action this hole went completely through the area that the button was contained in. It did not affect the function or safety of the action, but did affect the cosmetics of the action. I informed MtnHtr of this and that we would not only replace the action but would also pay any FFL transfer fee incurred. He told me that he would have to think about it, after a few days he called and said that he had changed his mind and wanted a refund. I told him I understood and would forward the request to the bookkeeper.

I have been on these boards for quite a while now and most of you know me to be very straight-forward. I'm sure there are others out there that may dispute this, but I have always been honest and straight forward with everyone. There have been times where I have been attacked for no other reason than to vent, and being the main guy on these boards for the Montana Rifle Company I expect this. I have always tried to maintain a professional attitude towards any criticism whether it is warranted or not. I in fact, appreciate any constructive criticism of myself, my sales staff or of our product as I have always maintained that this type of criticism can only help to make the product and the company better in the end.

We just received more than 150 Chrome Moly, Right Hand Short Actions last week and are working feverously to get them put together and out to our customers. We of course are working to improve our quality control and product each and every day. It is my hope that posts regarding our products and service continue in the future.

Myself and my sales staff are ready and willing to field any and all questions you may have concerning our product or customer service. You can contact us either via email at mtrifle@montanarifleman.com or call us directly at 406-755-4867. Please be aware that all emails coming in come to my computer and I forward them to the sales representative responsible for your state or order.

Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good going Dan. Just keep on trucking. I rather liked that comment about the SA CM actions... YES!!!
- mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
So what's my beef with MRC? I'll try to spell it out. I paid out good money in good faith for what was supposed to be a good product to build my dream rifle. I also paid out many hunreds of dollars for a stock, reloading dies, brass and bullets for this particular rifle. I received a shoddily manufactured barreled action that was useless to me, so obviously flawed no reputable firm would have ever shipped it to a customer in the first place. That's where real customer service begins, not after they have been caught laying a piece of useless piece on the customer. The customer is out a considerable amount in time and money and effort in planning the project, ordering and all the other work related to the project, out the use of his money for a period of time and he never recovers the full amount he's out. The phone call paid for when ordering etc and on and on. Then he may never fully recover what it cost for all the related items like the stock, brass dies whatever was tied in with the project. The best of companies with the best of customer service never make good on all of that stuff. They stand to make all the profit, and the customer takes all the risk and pays for any loss. All he can do under our system is bitch about it. So I exercise my right to bitch about it. Any one don't like that Tough S--t It was my money and my time and effort that was wasted, hours and days of my life wasted, that I would have rather spent getting screwed for fun, instead of for someone elses profit. Walex

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walex, you have more than made up for the loss by being a total and complete asshole on this site. I am sure that if you had just commented and then STFU in the first place and if all of us knew what we would have to endure, we would have gladly taken up a relief fund to epoxy your keyboard and to pay your for allyour loses.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Waylex, why didnt you have them send you a new barreled action instead of asking for a refund?

You make it sound like you had 2500.00 invested in it and I dont see more than 6 maybe 700.00 in the hole rifle.
For that amount of money, you could buy a Remington with the scope base holes drilled off center and the rear bridge a 1/8" lower than the norm like I did. Wait 3 months for them to send me a new rifle. Refund was not a option.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but it seems you expected more your money, and that is not going to happen in this day and age.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
How about an update on the left hand short actions (SS, for me)? Or a general update on ALL of the outstanding Charter Program actions?

If you're assigning incoming e-mails to salesmen by state, you need to talk to whomever is handling Commiefornia because he's not getting back to me on the two that I've sent in the last month.

Edited for spelling. I wouldn't want people to think I'm walex.

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
If you are out money for items associated with a barreled action you have never seen then thats your fault for your own impatience. Also, anyone complaining about the interest they paid while waiting for delivery should have paid it off early and used the interest money saved to take their wife to the islands; eh Chic?

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Walex, If Alaska were to be given an enema 2 things would happen. 1 you would disappear! 2 Da' Bears would have more candy to eat. .

Posts: 15 | Location: Salinas | Registered: 23 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was $840 for the barreled action plus freight, about $300 and some for the stock. A man would have to be a damn fool to want a replacement part when the original was so poorly and shoddily made. The guy who called me and A-hole made me laugh, because I have a button to wear on occasion that says "Being an asshole is part of my charm" just the thing for an ornery old goat. I'll wear it for the guys who called me a troll. They are the trolls, little green scumbags who come out of their little holes to smartmouth people and if they don't slither back in their hidey-holes quick enough, they get stomped on by the old goat that stomps across the bridge they're hiding under.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

How about an update on the left hand short actions (SS, for me)? Or a general update on ALL of the outstanding Charter Program actions?
If you're assiging incoming e-mails to salesmen by state, you need to talk to whomever is handling Commiefornia because he's not getting back to me on the two that I've sent in the last month.

fjold,
I apologize, Scot takes care of California and I'll mention to him that you have not received a response. His email is scot@montanarifleman.com

As to the Left Handed actions they hit the machine shop about a week ago so we should (fingers crossed here) start seeing them in about 2-3 weeks. These are the SHORT actions, the Long Actions will be following directly behind them.

Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, Dan, good enough for me.

What's the wait for a short stainless action? And exactly how much work am I or a gunsmith looking at to get it ready for use?

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried posting this earlier but it didn't show up, so if it is repeated please accept my apologies.

Fjold,
I apologize for your not receiving a response. I've spoken to my Senior Sales Associate Scot Zimmerman and he assures me that he has sent a response to every email he has received. And knowing Scot I have faith that he has done so. It may have been my fault. One thing I should have said, and it may not be the case here, but I do not open any email (unless I know the person) that doesn't have a subject. I received somewhere in the neighborhood of 200+ emails every day and about 90% of them are junk mail, so in order to get rid of most of the spam email I automatically delete any emails without subject lines. If you resend your email I will ensure it receives prompt attention.

As to the Short Actions in Left Hand: We just received word from the machine shop last week that they had arrived and they are working on them now. We expect to see the first of these within the next 2-3 weeks if there are no unexpected delays by the machine shop. The Stainless are the first to come out, then the chrome moly and then immediately after that the Long Actions in Left Hand will begin.

We are doing everything in our power to get these done in a timely fashion, please be patient.

Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

OK, Dan, good enough for me.

What's the wait for a short stainless action? And exactly how much work am I or a gunsmith looking at to get it ready for use?

We currently have some Right Handed Short Actions in Stainless Steel in hand and as I have said earlier we just received somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 Chrome Moly shorts. My assembly staff is working their butts off trying to get these out to everyone, but won't rush for the sake of speed. We want to make sure everything is done exactly right. The many posts from different sources about the actions have helped tremendously in improving the quality control.

Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
ROFLMAO, I knew it was only a matter of time before some shithead used this thread to take a shot at Remington.
GSP, guess what? I just bought ANOTHER Remington. The barrel is straight, the holes line up, the chamber is round and it shoots under an inch OUT OF THE BOX. Don't you just hate it when that happens.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Once again the straight of the matter from the folks at MRC.

Walex just what was the caliber of the barreled action that you ordered? Perhaps there is someone who would like the stock you couldn't use and maybe the dies?

What was the exact problem with the barreled action? Do you still have it? Want to sell it?

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good point Rusty. Walex my new MRC in 458 Lott will be here soon. Was your stock a left hand by any chance?

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
beemanbeme, I guess shitheads like you dont get the point I was trying to make. Now thats funny!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I tried posting this earlier but it didn't show up, so if it is repeated please accept my apologies.

Fjold,
I apologize for your not receiving a response. I've spoken to my Senior Sales Associate Scot Zimmerman and he assures me that he has sent a response to every email he has received. And knowing Scot I have faith that he has done so. It may have been my fault. One thing I should have said, and it may not be the case here, but I do not open any email (unless I know the person) that doesn't have a subject. I received somewhere in the neighborhood of 200+ emails every day and about 90% of them are junk mail, so in order to get rid of most of the spam email I automatically delete any emails without subject lines. If you resend your email I will ensure it receives prompt attention.

As to the Short Actions in Left Hand: We just received word from the machine shop last week that they had arrived and they are working on them now. We expect to see the first of these within the next 2-3 weeks if there are no unexpected delays by the machine shop. The Stainless are the first to come out, then the chrome moly and then immediately after that the Long Actions in Left Hand will begin.

We are doing everything in our power to get these done in a timely fashion, please be patient.

Dan

No problem Dan, I went to your website and clicked the link there to contact you rather than sending it from my server. I put in the title "Status of actions". But that's not important now. What is important is that my action is a stainless short action so it shouldn't be long now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm almost tempted to go ahead and order my L-W barrel now!

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, It was a 416 Rem MaG, in SS. I carved and fitted the stock to fit myself, and turned it into a pattern, to use on the duplicarving machine That I use to rough out Guitar necks, my luthier hobby. Want to make a nice stock for my dream rifle that is nearing completion now. The action I recived had the bolt sleeve flopping around at the end of the bolt so wobbly that the the little pin, bolt sleeve locking pin whateverits called wouldn't always slip into it's hole. When you opened the bolt the floppy doodle thing would twist around and the firing pin would snap forward when the bolt was halfway open. It was just sloppy work, assembled with very poorly made and loose fitting parts, parts that should have been tossed in the scrap barrel. otherwise it would have been been a good rifle, at least as good as the lower end stuff at K-Mart, at half again to double the price, ready to shoot. The thing that amazes me is that 8 months after I ordered the thing, Montana Dan is still cranking ou the same old party line " Because of this thread we'll do better on the quality control" and the sychophants are still cooing "We knew you could do it Dan, we knew you would step up to the plate Dan" Yeah sure, More fun than watching the soaps! I guess the barrelled action went to Jack Belk for evaluation about the time Jack leased the spread out to some party animals and all the guns and parts and projects got all snarled up along with Brian M's expensive guns, and went missing for a while. Don't know if that got sorted out or not. Now they fired the bookeeper at MRC. They couldn't even keep track of that end of it. Kind of sad.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Longshot RX No I'm an assbackward pyshically challenged Rightie, sorry I can't help you there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Final Update:

The credit MRC promised me this past Monday A.M. showed up in my account this A.M. The CS rep from the bank said it would take 48hrs minimum for a credit to show up and she was right on the money. All I can say is I am glad this is over and I received my refund. I do want to thank those AR members who offered advice on and off line since this thread was started.

Thank you,
MtnHtr

Posts: 254 | Location: USA | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
C-c-can't we all just get along?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MnHtr, Glad you got your money back. However, you will not be reimbursed for the all the time, grief, and agony you went through, dealing with all the double shuffle and buck passing between the company representative, the owner, and the bookeeper, and the hurt and guilt trip heaped on you by your fellow forum dwellers, who tried in every way to disparage you, and make it look like every thing was your fault, like you should have been happy that only 1 or 2 actions out of a 100 sent to others and the loss of time, use of your money, disruption of your plans, was a good bargain. Strange and twisted, convoluted reasoning. The arrival of a new Dream rifle, or it's parts, should have been a happy time. I'd like to tell you that I sincerely hope your nest rifle project turns out well for you. Wayne Alex

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Walex....

WTF are you whining about? You got your money back. Go get another barreled action, re-do your pattern stock, and finish your wet dream rifle. Tough shit about your "time, grief and agony". Its called life. Get over it. You are either really young, really bored, or completely full of utter bullshit. Maybe all 3 for I know but for cryin out loud move on.

One thing about your little story that doesnt add up. How did you build your pattern stock without the barreled action? Typically the barreled action has to be in hand before stockmaking begins. So with that said, had you inspected the barreled action when it arrived and noticed the defects you would not have waisted any of your precious time building the pattern stock. You are either lying your ass off about making the pattern stock or were in to big of a hurry to build this dream rifle and rushed through it without inspecting the metal. If thats the case then you deserve to have your time waisted.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, just like the OJ trial. Let the defendent take a walk by trashing the witnesses.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Walex is a liar and a distorter of the truth. Nobody has even suggested Mthtr's problems are of his own doing.

one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
Quote:

...originally posted by walex
........and the hurt and guilt trip heaped on you by your fellow forum dwellers, who tried in every way to disparage you, and make it look like every thing was your fault, like you should have been happy that only 1 or 2 actions out of a 100 sent to others and the loss of time, use of your money, disruption of your plans, was a good bargain.

I read the entire thread again.........no "hurt and guilt trip" was heaped upon MnHtr. More support than anything...... he deserved a speedy credit upon return of the defective merchandise. Most forum members agreed....... as did Dan of MRC.

Quote:

Strange and twisted, convoluted reasoning.

Might have been.......if it had happened......it didn't.

You, on the other hand, are receiving the derision you richly deserve.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bill Soverns you seem to ignorant of the fact that you can order a stock semifinished and not inletted for any particular action, you only exposed your ignorance in your haste to be a prick. you also spelled wasted "waisted' or something. beemanbeme howard and grandview, you remind me of the yapping little curs who are all brave and mouthy unless the alpha-male comes on the scene, in person, and then you grovel and slink back into your rat-holes. In my 66 years of observation I've seen your type operate countless times. Like the modern day street punks who attack or mug someone, and if he resists they call the police and their lawyer to save them. Real brave and mouthy at a distance like at the other end of the ethernet. It must be real tough to live with that knowledge, and knowing that it would really eat at your guts if you had any.

one of us
posted Hide Post
don't know what OJ trial you watched, but the witnesses trashed not only the crime scene, but they trashed themselves and their own credibility by lying on the stand. Nothing the lawyers on either side did really mattered. Mark Fuhrman singlehanded set a murderer free by lying on the stand. reasonable doubt. Simple as that.