THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    does anyone make a detachable 5 rd. magazine for the 338 winmag?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

does anyone make a detachable 5 rd. magazine for the 338 winmag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
does anyone make a detachable 5 rd. magazine for the 338 winmag? the savage has a 3 down below detachable but does anyone make an aftermarket or custom 5 rounder? would this not be way cool hot item?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27607 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
Uh, why do you need so many shots? I have been hunting for 32 years and have never emptied a gun shooting at game...

The 338 isn't my idea of an assault rifle either...

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i just like the idea of more down under. you can get a armalite ar30 338lapua but ammo is not everywhere

Posts: 27607 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
About multiple shots, I would have said the same thing until last year. I was hunting moose with a .338 in AK, and under the principle of keep shooting til they are down, I hit that big boy with seven of eight shots as he cover from 300 to 400 yards away. Now it may be that the first one was fatal, but I was glad for the fire power.
Don

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact H-S Precision, I know they make a 10 round Det. Mag along with the bottom metal, not sure if a 5 is available.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
great! thanks don b and jimmyd223!

this is why ar rocks