Tools

speerchucker
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
Had a few good laughs with Speerchucker about his thoughts on Sako extractors and a few other threads. He is a good guy. Hopefully he will be back soon, sometimes we need to take a break from the web or a forum.

I hope he returns as well, but not really expecting it. Why should he?

Curious though, did he not like Sako extractors?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

maybe because there are those who truly miss him

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
quote:
Had a few good laughs with Speerchucker about his thoughts on Sako extractors and a few other threads. He is a good guy.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...891027132#6891027132

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3325 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
quote:
Had a few good laughs with Speerchucker about his thoughts on Sako extractors and a few other threads. He is a good guy.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...891027132#6891027132

Entertaining and educational!

Posts: 1029 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
quote:

maybe because there are those who truly miss him

The amount of knowledge that Rod shared was staggering. I wish that we still had him around. It is humbling to think of how generous some of the experts are here on these forums.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Even the thickest skinned people get it worn down to the dermis (the part with the nerve endings).

I always read Speer's post from beginning to end, and saved at least one hundred of his photographs. Several of my favorite threads featured his input.

I, like many here have five or six posters in the "do not show me" category. By doing that, I raised the collective IQ of the board by 25 points (from my viewpoint only).

I am in a group on face book that is only for current or former fighter, or attack pilots. No one else can get in. Out of 6,000 members, there are ten Libtards/trolls. Once I blocked those ten people, my experience on that forum became 100 times more enjoyable.

There may be something else in Speer's life that is causing some heart ache. I made a few nasty posts on this forum back in 2004 and 2005. After reading them again I felt shame, and have tried to not belittle anyone else. In that time, I was getting over my first practice/drive by marriage. (Great in bed, and I loved my step daughter).

Now, I try to reread my posts before hitting the Post Now button, and have made some posts late at night that I immediately deleted.

The posts in my head are much snottier than those that I post.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote