Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by malm:
quote:
Originally posted by vapodog:
quote:
Originally posted by malm:
Wipe your eye's Vapo and look again.

My eyes are just fine.....my point is the cutouts for the casehead is typical for the CRF...yes...the bottom photo is not a crf....but the case head is unsupported just the same as a CRF...

You are wrong. The bottom photo IS a CRF. I was wrong in that I didn't notice that! Sorry... cheers

Do you know if this was a WSM cartridge?
I was trying to find a polite way to ask "are you sure that's a pushfeed"? The first WSMs made by Savage had the regular size barrel shanks and a modified CRF which they later made larger for safety considerations.

I was sure it was a PF until Vapodog latched on to my pant leg and I looked again. Big Grin

The photo is of a Savage 116 in 375 RUM. Apparantly it is their new CRF model.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although it didn't happen to be me that pulled the trigger.

I'm sure I caused it, and was my shells and gun. Nothing was damaged except one case had three cracks in the shoulder and the bullet hit off to the side. Fellow that shot it said it made a strange noise and when he ejected the case they looked at it and saw the splits. Then stopped shooting. He loaded three shells in the gun and this was the second shot. The first was a .300win, 2nd was 7mmag.

He was a .30/30 elk hunter and I loaned him my '17 Enfield .300WinM as I felt he was undergunned. I also provided 100 rnds of ammo in two 50 rnd boxes.

There were two other 7mmags besides the one that was fired in the boxes. I have, load and shoot both guns a lot and have never had this happen to me.

Assuming because I know to look at each cartridge before it goes in the gun. I also feel diligent about mixing cases up and every step of handling any ammo, or case is an inspection step: everytime!
This prove's no matter how careful a person is, it can still happen where they get things mixed together.

I'm very thankful no one got hurt and the gun wasn't hurt either. Pretty cheap lesson for once.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote