Find
Notify
Tools

Like to go fast on a bike?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...C_lqk&feature=colike

{from another forum thanks Big Eddie} r in w.

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
That is amazing!!!

If people think nascar is dangerous than that is a trip to hell and back.

Fearless precision riding skills...

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fearless precision riding skills...

+1

what a thrill

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was freakin EPIC.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friends and I had tickets to go and watch this while I was in Germany in the Army. Unfortunately we were called up and deployed to Bosnia.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Gulp.....

Talk about on the edge.

How do they keep from wiping out due to birds, small mammals, road debris?

Hitting a sparrow at that speed has to be "exciting".

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the video. I ride a fairly warm HD in a normal fashion, but 70yr old friend(same as me) rides one of thos Suzuki Hyabussa's and even went so far to get his "racing license" and actually particiaptes in various road races around the country. He has a helmet camera and watching them, he rides that thing like the proverbial bat out of hell. I'm into torque and noise and he is into speed and screaming rpm's.
He figures he is going to go anyway so might as well go enjoying what he is doing.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a pretty aggressive rider, but that made my butt pucker :-)

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am officially destitute...

Took a bank draft to the HD shop for $8800 this afternoon. The 120R crate motor, 62mm throttle body and manifold, 6.3gm injectors, V&H 2into 1 Competition Pipe, compensator, HD clutch kit, race tuner, about a page and a half. SE-266 cam, .608" lift, 10.5 pistons, low restriction cone-shaped K&N filter system. According to HD, the bike should make 135 to 140 Horsepower on 93 octane gas. I even got my lovely wife to agree to it. It appears that we are going to Israel for two weeks in March as well.

I can live with a deal like that...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter,
Welcome to the "crazy club!!" I ride Dyna Super Glide Custom w/ very near what you describe, but went w/ JIMS120. I went w/ V&H's Straight Shots and the sound is pure music accelerating up some of these WV mountains. Your power output might be a bit on the high side, but again could be spot on?? (Mine makes 127hp/127torque)
In either case you will not be dissapointed in the power available in your right hand. What impresses me the most about the bike is that even in 5th gear, just the slightest more throttle and it almost seems like a turbo boost, just won't quit pulling. Yeah, your are going to like it a lot and stay safe.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at the JIMS 120, but we were talking over 10K. We are going to be very close on HP/TQ.

I really looked hard at a Beemer, the bullet bike, 193 HP.

Every time I walked past the Fat Boy this fall, I got this vibe...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Showing their heart rate monitor would be interesting. They have to be running high octane adrenaline.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
boomie,

ever notice football and basketball players with rubber bands around their biceps and forearms?

It restricts the blood flow downwards. Friends that used to roadrace have a sort-of restrictor cuff built into their leathers at the elbow and knee.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter,
High octane was mentioned and don't know about your area but your set up will require the best pump gas you can find octane wise. All HD's need high octane, but here there is one station here that still sells 105 octane and unleaded. 93 will work, but any less brings about pinging, etc. I did the JIMS120 on a budget for original owner was first time rider(if you can believe it!!) and put less than 2000 miles on it and sold it complete at much reduced price.
HD dealer tipped me off to it and did a complete inspection and install and saved a bunch of money.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Drove the ten miles over to High Desert HD this afternoon. It's worth the gas just to run over and look at those lovely ladies, let alone throw in lunch at Popeye's for their chicken.

Everything is in for my bike, except the 5" tach and mounting bracket. Ride it over tomorrow, and be able to pick it up, ready to break in next week one day.

We have a Chevron in Boise that sells 100 octane race gas. My mechanic tells me a 50/50 mix with unleaded 93 octane will make it run like a striped-ass ape. With 10.5 pistons and over .610" lift cams (SE-266) with lots of overlap will work.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Rich

You should bring your bike to the biker rally here in Elko and give me a buzz if you decide to do it.

Its a good time till dark and then the crazy ass underground miners come out for a good time and a good show. By the way Im a crazy ass underground miner. But its still a good time.

Cal30

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal,

my riding buddy and I will be there next summer. He has made the ride before and says it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun. Coincidence, a friend of his son-in-law's has a 2002 Heritage Soft tail, and just called to tell me he is buying mo motor for my asking price. That's 1/3rd of the total.

What's your altitude there?

I picked up the bike at lunchtime. The cams have .658" lift, 262/266 degrees duration, and 10.5 pistons. The oil cooler is on back order, and stinking Auto Meter shipped my 5" Fat-Tach, but no mounting bracket.
I need to get 500-600 miles break in, and then bring it back for final mapping. This weather, 25-30 miles most days about 3pm around town should do it by late March.

The funny thing, my lovely wife is ok with me dropping $9K on the bike, as long as I put her a set of floor boards on it and agreed to not touch the Denim Black paint.
62mm Throttle body, and machined manifold, 6.3gr injectors, Vance&Hines 2 into 1 comp header (the shorty), man did it sound sweet on the 12 mile ride home. 75-85mph on the freeway, didn't seem to matter if it was in 4th or 5th or 6th gear. I have an entirely new appreciation for the word Torque.

This is going to be a very good year for riding...

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's your altitude there?

Right around 5700 feet or so.

Its a good time...

Cal30

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Those guys are really booking. If one went down, I don't think it would even hurt.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Xero
posted Hide Post
Here's mine -- but it has a sound system, heated riding gear, cruise control. Big Grin

Set up for long distance touring, 500 miles/day for days on end. This spring/summer we're doing Nevada, Utah, Arizona. Hard-core "Easy Rider" style, we camp out on the road, in a tent. (But we eat in restaurants, with WiFi.)

dancing

==================================================================
A. Hamilton "The Federalist, No. 29, 'Concerning the Militia'"

[I]f circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist.

Posts: 130 | Location: Tombouctou, Mali  | Registered: 11 January 2013Reply With Quote