New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered a Ford 350
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
F350 Crew cab short bed, Iconic silver with black interior, 7.3 Godzilla gasser, Lariat with ultimate package, 4:30 gears with elocker, FX package for the skid plates, front and rear wheel liners and bed mat. Dealer accepted X plan pricing which knocks about 5% off the msrp. About 5 hours after submitting the order received a email from Ford confirming it.
With luck it will be here in December.
It was an easy pass on the 6.7 diesel. $10,000 option and I don't tow that much nor that often. Plus the 6.7 will cost me about $1k a year for oil and filter changes, and fuel filter changes. Then factor in DEF as well as a higher price for diesel where we live.
Glad Ford brought back the bigger gas engines.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great truck. Please post some follow-up pics and let us know how you like it.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Just curious. If you don’t tow that much, why order a F 350?. I didn’t realize Ford had canceled the gas option in the past but it’s a great option if towing isn’t a concern.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Just curious. If you don’t tow that much, why order a F 350?. I didn’t realize Ford had canceled the gas option in the past but it’s a great option if towing isn’t a concern.

The 250 and 350 are the same trucks with different stickers on the door jams. 350 only costs $600 more so no reason to buy a 250. I like big trucks, so why not?
Ford didn’t cancel gas motors in the past. I said they didn’t have big gas motors. In the past they offered the Super Duty’s with a 6.2 liter. The current gasser is 7.3 liters. And it is rated to tow and carry more than my last 7.3 diesel in my 2002.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Buddy got a F250 with the 7.3 a while back and it's a beast, but loves the gas. They have discontinued the 6.2 SOHC motor and replaced it with the 6.8L destroked version of the 7.3. Everyone I know with the 7.3 loves it.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Sounds nice! My neighbor has basically the same truck in white/tan and really likes it. He came from a Duramax Denali and says this is much better mannered on the road and less costly to operate, even with the monster V8. I'm sure you'll like it.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 of my better trucks were F-150s club cab. One an 87 + one a 92. Both were great+ reliable trucks.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

The 250 and 350 are the same trucks with different stickers on the door jams. 350 only costs $600 more so no reason to buy a 250. I like big trucks, so why not?
Ford didn’t cancel gas motors in the past. I said they didn’t have big gas motors. In the past they offered the Super Duty’s with a 6.2 liter. The current gasser is 7.3 liters. And it is rated to tow and carry more than my last 7.3 diesel in my 2002.

While I understand what you're saying about them being the same, there is a difference. The front coils are beefier than the F250 and the rear leaf springs are larger. The F350 is rated to tow more than the F250 is solely based on the suspension. Other than that they are the same. It does cost a little more to register the F350 than the F250 where I live but that's not a big deal.

My Boss just bought a new 2023 Crew Cab with the High Output 6.7L Power Stroke. That thing is an absolute beast of a truck.

I would love to have one but my 2018 Crew Cab with the 6.7L tows my toyhauler just fine.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In case anyone is following this.......the truck was originally scheduled to be built during the week of Oct 2nd. As the UAW strike progressed it was pushed back a week at a time. Latest prediction is the week of Nov 6th.
However, the plant in Kentucky where Superdutys are built is now closed due to the strike so it is anyones guess as to the build date.
Glad I am not in a hurry. I kept my other truck so am OK with the delays. Order has the price locked so am safe there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why a short bed? Seems like it defeats the purpose of a 350.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote