New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero-Turn
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Figured this was the best place to put this..I am in the market for a zero-turn. Like anything I can read reviews for days on the internet, with some saying one or another is the best mower, and the next guy saying it is the worst. I am looking to see what you guys have and are happy with. Any problems, ease of maintenance etc. Hoping to keep the price under 4K. I am not necessarily looking for a commercial unit but do want something heavy duty.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 98 | Location: N.MI to NE,IN | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy with my Dixie Chopper.
It will cut as fast as I can stand to drive it.
I have a couple of employees that have Bad Boy mowers. They say that they are very good mowers.
The Bad Boy mowers are quite a bit less expensive.
Good luck!

Posts: 46 | Location: Eastern Oklahoma | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Look at Hustler and Kubota

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, we went and looked at Scag the other day at a dealer. Seemed like very well built machines, going to check out Country Clipper and Hustlers tomorrow morning.

Posts: 98 | Location: N.MI to NE,IN | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My Husqvarna R46i is in it's second season now and doing fine. Just regular maintenance and replacing the starter solenoid.

Used a 10% discount coupon and 18 months interest free financing from Lowes.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a 46" John Deere last year and though it is their smallest it mows very well. I don't know who makes them though. I paid about $2600 for it. I had a battery tender on it all winter and it started like I had just shut it off yesterday. Happy so far.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm on my second Hustler (24 hp, 54" cut). I maintain about 2 acres around my house, takes about an hour and a half to mow around the house, along a quarter mile of drive way and the road ditch on about a quarter mile of road. It will cut the thickest, wettest grass with ease, as did the 43" cut I traded in, but the new one is much faster and more comfortable. I tried a Scag and a John Deere and liked neither of them.
The Hustler was a bit over 4K, though.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used a 50' Cub Cadet Zero Turn now for two years and would have nothing else. My yard is steep on two sides and I cannot use the two bars of the regular Zero Turn because I have to hold on to my seat on the steep places while mowing. Just my .02 worth. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2348 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 42" Cub Cadet zero turn. Think i have had it 10 years now. Replaced the battery 3 times and a blade spindle. That was my fault. I didn't keep it greased. Don't think i will live long enough to wear it out.

Posts: 45 | Location: W.N.Y. | Registered: 17 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whatever you get, stay with the Kawasaki or Kohler motor.

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heeler75:
Whatever you get, stay with the Kawasaki or Kohler motor.

Kawasaki motors have trouble with valve and guide problems. Hopefully yours hasn't had problems yet.
I have a Kubota ZD with 61" cut. I have had it several years and it has a hard life. I'm like an old cowboy, I don't like to get off my horse. That means I mow stumps, ends of T post, rocks, and whatever. I only have to mow 3 acres as the rest is fishing pond and woods.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ended up going w/ a Scag Liberty Z. It is their "lower end" model After comparing it to 6 or 7 different brands, nothing came close to being built as heavy as them. So far very pleased with it (and the 5 year warranty).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just took delivery of a Scag Tiger Cat 61" this morning. I have a Scag 48" walk-behind, but I'm mowing more property now and wanted a zero-turn. New ones were over $10K, but I found a dealer with a leftover for $8,100. Just finished the front lawn....wow!!! You'll love the Liberty.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
get a real mower and cut whatever you want

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13140 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Now that is f@cking bling Cool

I want one

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
And the picture doesn't even show the front end loader and it's on-demand 4 wheel drive. I cut and dig what I want, when I want rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you were on my property you would spend time using the front loader to dig a couple hundred trees to be able to use your brush hog. It would work well in a pasture, but a yard??

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I have about 3 acres of centipede grass around the house and along the 1/2 mile long drive way.the rest of the 70 acre property is a mix of natural woodland and planted pines.the bush hog does a good job on the firebreaks and yard. A weedeater does the "detail" work. Quick and simple clap

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Now that is f@cking bling Cool

I want one

Mike

Man ain't no man ain't got no tractor. Big Grin

Now Jerry needs to train his wife on how much fun they are. Here's Joyce....

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Thank God we don't get snow in south GA. We have gotten a couple inches of rain the last few days. brought the level in the pond up to where it is flowing over the spillway...Becky is content to let me play on the tractor tu2