THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 4X4, ATV FORUM

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TUNDRA With 5.7 Liter Engine (345.5 CI & 401 FP Torque)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69deer:
Butch, we called two dealers and could not get a rearend for the truck. There were two used ones in California. Of coarse they were the wrong ones. The rear ends cannot be rebuild. They come as a one piece pack. They come out from the front after you remove the driveshaft and a new rear end pack goes in, if you can find one. I couldn't!

Just called the diff shop that I use "Dallas Differential". Not knowing what it may need, they said they get $325 labor plus parts. Said parts were available regardless of what it needs.
I'm sorry I came off as an ass on this, but I knew it wasn't unfixable.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, No your not an ass, If anyone is it is me. I should have checked and double checked. That mistake cost me!The two dealers should not have lied to me. Probably to talk me into a new truck, which I did! I also know that the only rear end mechanic in town does not know shit. I have got over most of the little squabbles about the truck except that every trail I go down the truck gets scratched. Its much wider than my old one. Thanks for letting me know about the rearend. Next problem I have I will ask on this site!

Posts: 559 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After I groan over the first couple scratches I find something else to bitch about.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a 2001. Sold it in 2013, in 15 minutes after advertisement hit the market. I got 80% of what I paid for it. Now have a 2013. Except for regular maintenance items, I have not had any issues. In contrast, I purchased a new Ford Bronco in the 80's and the coil went out in 15 miles.

NRA Benefactor Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sold my 1996 T100 this summer. It had about 106k miles on it and even without advertising I had people in a bidding war!

I let it go at $4k, only because I had already promised the guy to let him have it at that price.

Immediately, I got offers of $4500.00 and $4600.00. Again, just by word of mouth that I was selling it.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
I sold my 1996 T100 this summer. It had about 106k miles on it and even without advertising I had people in a bidding war!

I let it go at $4k, only because I had already promised the guy to let him have it at that price.

Immediately, I got offers of $4500.00 and $4600.00. Again, just by word of mouth that I was selling it.

BH63

My son loves that truck!

I'm going to see if he'll let me borrow it in a couple weeks when I head to the mountains to chase cats.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote