THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 4X4, ATV FORUM

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TUNDRA With 5.7 Liter Engine (345.5 CI & 401 FP Torque)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted
TUNDRA With 5.7 Liter Engine (345.5 CI & 401 FP Torque) - about two weeks old.

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love my 2016, except the 13.4 miles per gallon. That part sucks.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
That's pretty sweet. What's that color called?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 2008 double cab with 8 ft bed. With a truck camper (at least 2000 lbs) and pulling my 17 ft bass and 2 people on board I cruise at 65 MPH at about 2000 RPM.

I get about 17 MPG highway.

Love the truck only 32k miles on it. Only problem I've had is stereo broke after driving a lot on washboard roads. A new one is $2500.00 at dealer!

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clayman:

Sorry for the delay answering: SUNSET BRONZE MICA - says Toyota. I say "brown".

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Towed 30ft travel trailer with 2012 Tundra short bed double cab and averaged 13mpg.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 2016 and have never gotten more than 13.4 without a trailer.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
I have a 2016 and have never gotten more than 13.4 without a trailer.

What kind of RPM do you run at?

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D R Hunter:
quote:

Root beer?
Remember the feller with the trailer had a motor in it pushing his truck.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D R Hunter:
quote:

I love Toyota, we have had a passel of them.

"polished tatonka turd" is what I would call the color.

Neat truck.

Is it an 8 foot bed? Is that a full crew cab?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

I love Toyota, we have had a passel of them.

I have owned one Chevy, one Ford, and one Dodge. I will never buy another.

I started buying Toyotas in 1981 and have bought 6 of them new. I still own 4. Other than perhaps a Lexus, I have no plans for buying anything but Toyotas for the rest of my life.

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are great trucks. My former company gave me a 2wd model and I loved it. the only thing I didn't care for was the mileage and the small gas tank. I had to fill up almost everyday when I was driving back and forth from home to one of my projects. I hear they have a larger tank now.

BTW that's my favorite color. I love that metallic brown. Reminds me of my old Dodge Ram I had. Rootbeer brown and silver. Loved that truck.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new 2018 Tundra. Lots of power but liked my old one better. As soon as I bought the new one,I had to order good running boards, fender flares and lift the front end 3 inches. It has no pockets in the rear doors, no rear sliding down rear window, no arm rests and other things I don't care for. But if like my older truck, it will be dependable! I will grow to like it.

Posts: 559 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why did you buy it then? Did you check this out before the purchase?
I know I'm an ASS, but if it mattered I would have known it up front.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rearend went out in my old one and could not find a new or used one. I just called a dealer and they had a new one ready for me the next morning. Never even looked at the newer models until I bought it. I just hope that the newer models coming out are much nicer in the next couple of years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69deer:
The rearend went out in my old one and could not find a new or used one. I just called a dealer and they had a new one ready for me the next morning. Never even looked at the newer models until I bought it. I just hope that the newer models coming out are much nicer in the next couple of years.

Where in the World do you live. Rear diffs for them are not hard to find or rebuild. You may have had to have a rental for a day or two.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 2008 with about 36K miles I use it only for pulling my bass boat with a truck camper on top.

Great truck.

I also have 2018 Tacoma Off-Road. It gets much better mileage and handles well both on the highway and on jeep trails.

Less than 2000 miles on it and I already have brush scratches on both sides LOL.

BH63

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
That truck is much too pretty to be called brown.
I wanted the good looking metallic OD for my Taco, but that was "so last year" so I settled on "Cement" which even though the dealer and Toyota are impressed with that name, the state and I call Gray!
Of course I guess it is an "IN" color because I saw a Porsche that color the other day.

I think the next post has the green I was talking about, too much glare to be sure if that is it.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just traded in my 02 tundra with 330,000 for a new 2018. I got the 4.7 engine since I don't tow and added an ARE Z series cap for the dogs and gear. I'm getting about 17mph--same as the 02 and Love it so far!

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 250 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, we called two dealers and could not get a rearend for the truck. There were two used ones in California. Of coarse they were the wrong ones. The rear ends cannot be rebuild. They come as a one piece pack. They come out from the front after you remove the driveshaft and a new rear end pack goes in, if you can find one. I couldn't!