THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PHOTO ALBUMS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Photo Albums And Videos    A Few Photos From The Alps - Updated And Video Added
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Few Photos From The Alps - Updated And Video Added
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

I took these photos while handgliding. I will post a few more once I am home, together with video clips.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pics, make me want to go to have a look myself.

STIGSmiler

Posts: 87 | Location: Norway | Registered: 28 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice, I love being in the Mountains most of all places on Earth.
If you haven't yet been to The West Coast of the USA and Canada. It is a trip you'll never forget.
Rent a nice big Motorhome and drive up North from Vancouver, one fantastic sight after another.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great shots, but are you on the left.....or the right?

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ole Miss Guy:
Great shots, but are you on the left.....or the right?

These photos were taken from the air.

I will post more pictures next week when I get back home.

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Don't like those safe hobbies do you Saeed? Safari hunting, chettah raising, hang gliding...

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Saeed, is this Interlaken Switzerland? I don't see the lakes, but when you said hand gliding it made me think of Interlaken. Cool photos!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have added a few photos to our Photo Collection. This half of it, and I will add the second half in a day or two.

Hiking In Zermatt, Switzerland Part 1

Greg, This is in Zermatt, at the base of the Matterhorn.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Great pictures Saeed. I live in mountains like that here in the Rockies. The Alps is one area in Europe that I plan to visit someday...not sure about the para-gliding though -- how was that? Smiler

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Para gliding was fun.

I have never done it before. And the gentleman I went up with was a test pilot for new equipment. I told him I was a pilot myself, and fly both fixed wing and helicopters.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and he let me fly for a while.

He then asked if he could show me some acrobatics.

I told him to go ahead, and do anything he wishes. I will just keep the video camera going.

He pulled into all sorts jinx, sometimes we were higher than the chute!?

I will take a clip out of the video and post it.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
That sounds like fun for sure. I look forward to seeing the video clip!

My wife would like to know how the food is? We have a lot of Bavarian restaurants in this area (lots of Swiss and Austrian people came to the rockies) so we are very familiar with schnitzel and brats etc. Is that the norm near the Matterhorn (or are we stereotyping!), and are the restaurants nice?

Cheers!
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Food was great, as everywhere they seem to have some sort of international menu.

Lots of cheese and pasta dishes, and the servings are huge!

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!!! The video is great! I would definitely try it. Smiler And the scenery is beautiful.

Its amazing how similar the Alps look to the mountains around here. I have friends that para-glide by have never tried it.

Saeed, the video is amazingly steady. Were you holding in your hand, or did you have in mounted on something?

Thanks for sharing that! Are you still in Switzerland??

Cheers
Chris

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Chris,

I took the video, as well as some of the photos above, using a Sony HX1 camera.

It was all hand held.

I am back home, and have to suffer Walter's presence again!

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed. The Sony must have a very good image stablizer...there doesn't seem to be much shake at all in the video.

Smiler Are you saying that your trips are vacations away from Walter? lol

Say HI to Walter for me! Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
I'm impressed. The Sony must have a very good image stablizer...there doesn't seem to be much shake at all in the video.

Smiler Are you saying that your trips are vacations away from Walter? lol

Any break from Walter is a holiday - a mental holiday!

I spoke to him this morning, he says Hi too.
Also spoke to Alan, and sends his regrds as well.

Say HI to Walter for me! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Great Saeed!
Zermatt is one classic!
I like my canton Graübunden the region of Engadina and the Surselva and sure my territory for Hunt Mesolcina Wink. In your region Wallis is one of great hunting zone of the Swiss, chamois and Ibex.

Very good photo!! tu2 tu2

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LE270:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I have added a few photos to our Photo Collection. This half of it, and I will add the second half in a day or two.

Hiking In Zermatt, Switzerland Part 1

Greg, This is in Zermatt, at the base of the Matterhorn.

Saeed, these pictures look like they were taken with some kind of panarama camers (one that makes a very wide image that is not so large in terms of its height). Is that so, and if so, what kind of panarama camera did you use? I assume it was a digital one.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Nice Pics Saeed!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote