New
Find
Notify
Tools

some trapline pictures
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
heres some pics off my trapline this year, i hope you enjoy.

Posts: 167 | Location: northeast NY | Registered: 04 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
A PETA pleaser to be sure! Wink

Great pics, man. Thanks for sharing, and love to see any more of your stuff. Too cool!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you kamo, heres a video of a fisher working our set and then caught. missed the actual catch footage.

heres me and my sons last couple years catch pics.

Posts: 167 | Location: northeast NY | Registered: 04 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great photos! Thanks for sharing, prices any good this year on anything?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it dont look good kudu, hopefully the sales will go good this year?

One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
Awesome pics! Now that the main deer season is done here in MN, Im going out in the morning to put out my trapline. Mainly targeting coon, hopefully some mink too. Thanks for sharing your successes. Gives me a little hope.

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures, Thanks
Better watch that chemical cat, tails up!
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Great photos thanks for sharing them.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos, what no gray fox! looking to sling some steel this weekend. Going to try my hand at cat trapping this year. Keep the photos coming. Are you just using cubby sets for the Fisher?

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks everyone. no Grey's here twilli no cubbie sets out. that fisher is caught on a beaver caucus, heres a nice double from this am. good luck on your lines.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
look at the fur on this fella! nice and prime, biggest yote ive ever gotten. these things seem to be getting bigger ever year here?

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Too cool. Mind if I ask how you dispatch the critters? Same way for all critters, or different? A .22, maybe?

Love to hear more about it, as my buddy just got licensed and will be running lines this year.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wolfhunter 2
posted Hide Post
nice pictures,tryed traping with my brother when we were real young watched my brother get sprayed by civik cat that was about the end of our trapping looks like you have it figured out good job.do you save the beaver carcas for the bear hunters?

Posts: 155 | Location: mn | Registered: 08 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With all due respect, and complete awareness this may be an invite to all who disagree or feel I do not have the right, I don't think I could be a trapper. Something about the eyes, I guess.

But to each his own - not an attempt to pass judgment here - I am a hunter - just my opinion.

"Shoot hard, boys."

Posts: 115 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 17 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wallhead:
With all due respect, and complete awareness this may be an invite to all who disagree or feel I do not have the right, I don't think I could be a trapper. Something about the eyes, I guess.

But to each his own - not an attempt to pass judgment here - I am a hunter - just my opinion.

I personally can't imagine why anything you said would offend or annoy anyone. I totally understand your sentiment, and support your choice, as well as having the stones to state it.

KG

P.S. Seeing what a pack of local coyotes did to the retired duck dog of a guy I know a few years back (think disembowelment) while lying next to the barn changed a lot of my feelings towards that particular animal, above and beyond the growing evidence--to me personally--that they are really beginning to take a toll on the local deer populations.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the big round things? Beaver?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefin:

Too easy, but someone pleeeease jump on this meatball!

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:
Originally posted by bluefin:

Too easy, but someone pleeeease jump on this meatball!

rotflmo

I need to read this forum more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a guy couldn't say in a reply at this point...lol

"Shoot hard, boys."

Posts: 115 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 17 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kamo:

That was funny. Very nice pics Fishguts. PM sent.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fishguts:
look at the fur on this fella! nice and prime, biggest yote ive ever gotten. these things seem to be getting bigger ever year here?

sorry kamo i havent looked at this post for a bit. i use 22 shorts rite in the forehead kills them instantly and dosent exit.
the method i used to use was a bit inhumane some say. i would set down near the animal and talk softly to it and slowly reach in my wallet and wip out a pic of my wife and scare it to death, but like i say it was crule.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks again azwriter, yes them are beaver blankets/pelts. they are the only furbearer put up like that, blanketed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wallhead:

I'm a hunter fisherman and trapper and unfortunately theres to many with your opinion. really hurts me hearing it from another sportsman. same day when our traps and guns and maybe even our fishing poles are gone people with opinions like yours will wonder why.
what animals do you hunt that don't have eyes? anyway I'm sorry to respond in this manner it just makes my blood boil!
PS this fella was looking into some of them eyes you speak so warmly of.

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pictures!

I had a trapline when I was a kid. I'll never forget the feeling of anticipation that first night, waiting to see what was going to be in my traps the next morning. Your post brought back some good memories for me!

Pete

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fishguts, what got the dog,coyotes?

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks pete, ya thats what its all about, fur aint worth crap this year so im tanning akk my fur this year. i will hang it in the den befor i give it away.
ya swamp shooter. heres a muddy one. turned out to be a nice blond yote.once i got the mud off,

same color as my old fatlab!

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pics...trapping is our heritage and we need to protect it.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
Super job on the line Fishguts!!! Nice pics, too!!

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I preface this question with the statement that I have never trapped anything before in my life...

How do you dispatch the critters? I assume you do not want to damage the pelts. Do you just use a .22 into the head?

I can only imagine that some of those critters are a tad pissed off when you arrive...

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector:
Fantastic pics...trapping is our heritage and we need to protect it.

thumb Agree 100%

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Quick question[s] for you: How do you know this was a coyote, and I'm not trying to be smart here. Here in Georgia, they seem to be more prolific and more plentiful eadch year and the DNR tells us they are not 'coyotes' but hybrid 'coydogs' - no one has yet told me how your tell the difference.
I just read an article in "Fur, Fish & Game" [I believe!] re the crossing of coyotes and red wolves and the result is one bad predator.
Finally, I listened to a 'professional' nuisance trapper speaking on a call-in home show and relating that of all creatures he had removed, the coyote topped the list in being difficult to deal with.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
577, I use a.22 short to the head or squeeze the breath out of them. Depends on the location.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
not 'coyotes' but hybrid 'coydogs' - no one has yet told me how your tell the difference.

DNA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36537 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a hunter fisherman and trapper and unfortunately theres to many with your opinion. really hurts me hearing it from another sportsman. same day when our traps and guns and maybe even our fishing poles are gone people with opinions like yours will wonder why.
what animals do you hunt that don't have eyes? anyway I'm sorry to respond in this manner it just makes my blood boil!
PS this fella was looking into some of them eyes you speak so warmly of.

+1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36537 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.M. sent

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Goes to show, hard work pays off. Well, fur prices may be down but have you considered selling to Taxidermists? I know some that buy lifesize fur bearers for their shops/competition/customer orders etc. They usually pay a more than fair price. PM me if you need contacts.
David....I support Trappers!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Very impressive (and good photography). Having done some trapping in Wyoming many moons ago I was surprised your one beaver photo wasn't either a drowning set or a 440 Connibear. I assume that for beaver either of those are your prefered set.

Do you use any connibears? 220's for raccoons?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures! Love to see the Reds, thanks for sharing. I grew up in the Hudson Valley trapping and have some awesome memories of fox trapping. Then I moved and have been trapping coyotes more than anything.

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

"Everybody told me you can't far on $37.00 and and a jap guitar" ~ S.E.

"Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana." ~ M.H.

Wild Bob

Posts: 73 | Location: North East Montana | Registered: 14 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I grew up across the creek from a man who trapped. His son and I were best friends until high school. These pictures bring back some great memories. Thank you very much. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:

Seeing what a pack of local coyotes did to the retired duck dog of a guy I know a few years back (think disembowelment) while lying next to the barn changed a lot of my feelings towards that particular animal, above and beyond the growing evidence--to me personally--that they are really beginning to take a toll on the local deer populations.

One of the guys at work grew up in Saskatchewan. On his Dad's farm during calving season, they have to patrol the herd constantly. If they are not watching, the coyotes will actually pull a calf from the cow as she is giving birth, and kill it before it's even drawn a breath!

Another story from one of the guys that works in the oilfield out Edson area. He actually watched 2 coyotes that were confronting a sow grizzly, with new cubs. The coyotes would dash in and try to snatch a cub, and the old sow was constantly having to turn and drive away one after the other.
I guess the coyotes would get a hold of a cub and pull it to try to try to steal it from the sow. Finally one coyote held on a second too long and that sow lifted it with one swipe about 15' in the air and the coyote flew 20 yards into the brush. That ended the game!
The coyote was busted up pretty good, but managed to limp away, to pursue easier game I guess.

Imagine the nerve of any critter that would attempt to swipe a grizzly cub for lunch!?

They are deadly predators on all big game animals, do not be mistaken!

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote