Notify
Tools

A Couple of Questions...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
Ms Hitman,

It looks as though rick is banned, or at least I cannot send him a PM.

While his post can be contentious at times these has been far worse behaviour by other members that still post regularly.

Can anybody comment on what he did to get banned? While I understand this is a free site and we are guests here I am curious as to why he is gone.

I ask you only because you are a moderator and the only moderator I have seen post on this subject.

Apparently Rick's behavior and attitude reached a level the administrator wasn't going to tolerate anymore. You will most likely be seeing more moderators in this forum and I believe less and less of the behavior Rick exhibited in general and in this thread in particular will be tolerated. Those who can't conduct themselves in a civil manner may just suffer the same fate.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe less and less of the behavior Rick exhibited in general and in this thread in particular will be tolerated

What was that? Giving a dam about ethics?

Thanks for the warning Eeker

Posts: 179 | Location: Andromeda Galaxy | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
You think it was a concern of ethics, do you?

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Selective justice, partial to some and punitive to others.

Pure bullshit

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Maby so.....
But I seen RC attack threads of people with animals they killed and belittle them.

I for one was sick and tired of seeing this and feel the flame throwing attitude has nearly killed the American Big Game Forum.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods:

Pure bullshit

If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Many so.....

But I seen RC attack threads of people with animals they killed and belittle them.

I for one was sick and tired of seeing this and feel the flame throwing attitude has nearly killed the American Big Game Forum.

Yep......

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
jwp,

I do not agree with everything Rick posted or even his tone at times. However I have seen posts as contentious from plenty of others including you and me. So next time we are in a passionate debate will we be banned also since it appears "You will most likely be seeing more moderators in this forum and I believe less and less of the behavior Rick exhibited in general and in this thread in particular will be tolerated. Those who can't conduct themselves in a civil manner may just suffer the same fate." or "If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

I will give you a call this afternoon if you are around the phone.

Posts: 2950 | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
jwp,

I do not agree with everything Rick posted or even his tone at times. However I have seen posts as contentious from plenty of others including you and me. So next time we are in a passionate debate will we be banned also since it appears "You will most likely be seeing more moderators in this forum and I believe less and less of the behavior Rick exhibited in general and in this thread in particular will be tolerated. Those who can't conduct themselves in a civil manner may just suffer the same fate." or "If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

I will give you a call this afternoon if you are around the phone.

Yep, it look's as though the flame threads and personal attacks are not going to be tollerated.. I can live with that

tu2

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Check these 2 threads out, I don't know many that has gone to the extreme lengths that rc has to flame and belittle. I for one have no use for him or Browning because of the crap that posts such as in theses two threads

http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/5501029241/p/1

http://forums.accuratereloadin...851033341#9851033341

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MS Hitman:
Apparently Rick's behavior and attitude reached a level the administrator wasn't going to tolerate anymore. You will most likely be seeing more moderators in this forum and I believe less and less of the behavior Rick exhibited in general and in this thread in particular will be tolerated. Those who can't conduct themselves in a civil manner may just suffer the same fate.
So basically what you are saying is that it was OK for both Ted and the Gut Shooter to Trash Talk Rick, but that when he responded in kind that was a problem. And it is OK for the Gut Shooter to continue his pathetic tirades against Rick. I'm pretty sure I understand it now.

So, the post from teenScum on the Bow Board is OK, but if I respond to the fool I'd get Tossed. Seems clear enough to me.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
quote:
So basically what you are saying is that it was OK for both Ted and the Gut Shooter to Trash Talk Rick, but that when he responded in kind that was a problem. And it is OK for the Gut Shooter to continue his pathetic tirades against Rick. I'm pretty sure I understand it now.

So, the post from teenScum on the Bow Board is OK, but if I respond to the fool I'd get Tossed. Seems clear enough to me.

You're joking right???

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
HC.....quote me one time trash talking anyone here

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Please, I am a moderator, not a kindergarten teacher. Kindly dispense with the "Well, Billy stuck a pencil in his eye; why can't I" argument. My six year old does not whine like this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods:

Pure bullshit

It seems it's ok to beat up on Hot Core...

quote:

But if you are a Hero of a moderator, watch out!

quote:
Whitworth

Posted 03 August 2011 17:56 Hide Post
Arguments about cartridge adequacy always amaze me. If the cartridge/load in question has adequate penetration at the distance shot and creates a sufficient wound channel, then for me at least, the cartridge is adequate. No game weight formulas trump actual experience of a bullet/load combination on game. It all boils down to shot placement. If you don't hit the vitals, no amount of bullet weight, diameter, or velocity is going to make up for it -- period.

I witnessed this small hog shot with a 180 grain TSX from a 300 win mag at 350 yards by jwp. As you can see, the round unzipped the animal entirely. It ran off and required a finishing shot to the head -- when it was found. There is no replacement, for placement. The vitals were missed, an animal was wounded and ran off. I think all would agree that the 300 win mag is no small hammer and perfectly adequate for all game in the lower 48 -- especially a small hog, right?

"BBB is actually a nutcase and is hardly typical of Canadians just as "Teddy" is not my idea of a real American."

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP
If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 179 | Location: Andromeda Galaxy | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post