Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
quote:
Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
This Hot Core guy is a real piece of work. He tries to poo poo every thread Frowner. Kind of makes you wonder why he is here at all--from what I have read he is not a long range shooter so who knows? cuckoo

Hmmmm he had posted below my post but it is now deleted. Maybe he is banned now who knows??
Seems you are continuing your string of WRONG - as usual.

Boss Hoss is wrong??? About what??? He sure has you pegged

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

4 oclock condition?

Hell Yea!!! Happy Hour!!! Now my 5 o'clock condition might not be so good.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well from your posts it sure seems that you are not a long range shooter... Question then with a right hand twist and just to make it simple with no variations of speed and wind direction at various ranges where is the impact of a bullet going to impact with a 4 oclock condition?

Boss Hoss

When you go back and look at the work of HotCore you will find that his most recent posts are a continuation of his sewage posts. The best for all on this board would be to ban the butthead and leave these forums for those who want to exchange ideas and experience, with SOME opinions thrown in.

The sooner he goes the way of RC the better for all the boards.

Just my opinion but I like it.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
quote:
Well from your posts it sure seems that you are not a long range shooter... Question then with a right hand twist and just to make it simple with no variations of speed and wind direction at various ranges where is the impact of a bullet going to impact with a 4 oclock condition?

Boss Hoss

When you go back and look at the work of HotCore you will find that his most recent posts are a continuation of his sewage posts. The best for all on this board would be to ban the butthead and leave these forums for those who want to exchange ideas and experience, with SOME opinions thrown in.

The sooner he goes the way of RC the better for all the boards.

Just my opinion but I like it.

RC is back on the site. I have not seen HC post for a while. The name calling and fighting needs to stop from all sides that the exchange of ideas can occur during open and free discussion. Just my opinion.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Carolina Man
posted Hide Post
This is a good topic and should make for some good discussion. But, out of four pages of postings there is not but 4 or 5 that have anything to do with the subject.

Case prep is only part of the question when shooting long range or at any range and expect good accuracy. The first point is too decide what is acceptable accuracy for you. Then the rifle itself muct be capable of delivering that level of accuracy. Then the optics to go with it. Then case prep. and finally the shooter must practice to be able to take advantage of the equipment. Anyone can buy a custon long range rifle and have thousands of dollars tied up in it but without practice he might aswell be throwing rocks. And no, I am NOT critizing anyone on this list. Just stating a fact.

Case prep in it self is not all that is needed to make a rifle shoot. The rifles chamber must be cut correctly to start with or all the case prep will be a waste of time.

Back in the 70's Pat McMillan set a worlds records group at 100 yds with a .009 group with a 222 Rem. I asked Pat to build me a rifle just like his...I couldn't not even get close. Why? Pat was shooting almost daily to practice.
I was only able to practice once a week what wih work and family oblications. It is the single biggest factor in improving anyones shooting abilities.

Aaron

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau

Posts: 135 | Location: Hurricane Alley North Carolina | Registered: 26 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post