Tools

POST YOUR RIG!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Model 70SA,

Shaw Heavy Magnum Contour, Stainless

chambered in 223, now has a one in 9 Twist

Boyd's Thumbhole Stock, Weaver 6 x 24 on top now..

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
My 6mm Ackley

Savage 110 Action
Boyd's Stock
30" Krieger barrel+brake
1-7" twist

95 grain SMKs near 3600 fps Smiler
115s a bit over 3300.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Here's mine -

6.5x284 using 130 Swift Sirocco II or Berger VLD hunting bullets both give .6 (Sirocco) and .4(Berger) MOA accuracy.

Christensen Arms carbon stock Blaser R93, carbon wrapped 25.7" barrel with removable brake (always off when hunting pronghorn with this rig!)

I've since changed the scope to a S&B 3-12x42 with ZS MOA Turrets and the Holland ART reticle.

This rig has worked extremely well on deer and antelope as far as 487 yards so far. I've shot steel to 800 with it also.

Great round and rifle for some long range shooting.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of those deals that the components make it worth the money. Chambered for the 338-378 KT. Sako AV action, 26" barrel w/muzzle brake. Bedded fiberglass stock. Form dies, trim dies, full length die set and 50 rounds loaded ammo w/ 210 grain Barnes XLC's. IIRC, paid about $650 for the whole shebang. Being a Sako nut, I usually have bases laying around. Paint the stock and decide what scope to pair it with, this might just work as a dedicated LR rig.

Your thoughts?

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rachel and I went to practice this morning and while I was getting on target, she proceeded to shoot the 5 mini clay pigeons off her target board and then she shot mine off my target board.
Mini clay pigeons at 400 yds.
Dont take a girl shooting unless your prepared to eat humble pie.

Posts: 66 | Location: Huntsville, Texas | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Kemp:
I'm in college...

If you don't make any calls, you don't make any sales!

animal

+1

He has excellent prospects, he would make a fine son-in-law!

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike cockcroft:
Rachel and I went to practice this morning and while I was getting on target, she proceeded to shoot the 5 mini clay pigeons off her target board and then she shot mine off my target board.
Mini clay pigeons at 400 yds.
Dont take a girl shooting unless your prepared to eat humble pie.

Very true, my girlfriend has been shooting for about a year, she is now just about to start competing in the national FT/R league....

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If that turns out to be his teenage daughter... well.

No one made any sexual innuendos about the man's daughter, if that is a daughter..

a gentleman should be proud to have a lovely daughter...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
quote:
If that turns out to be his teenage daughter... well.

No one made any sexual innuendos about the man's daughter, if that is a daughter..

a gentleman should be proud to have a lovely daughter...

"The rifle is so/so.. the other toy shows you area a man of exquisite taste Big Grin"

"My daughter and her christmas present at my range"

Perhaps something has been lost in translation....

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
That 338-378 would be fine for long range, but not nearly as fine if you used those Barnes bullets past several hundred yards. Look heavier and more streamlined.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
One of those deals that the components make it worth the money. Chambered for the 338-378 KT. Sako AV action, 26" barrel w/muzzle brake. Bedded fiberglass stock. Form dies, trim dies, full length die set and 50 rounds loaded ammo w/ 210 grain Barnes XLC's. IIRC, paid about $650 for the whole shebang. Being a Sako nut, I usually have bases laying around. Paint the stock and decide what scope to pair it with, this might just work as a dedicated LR rig.

Your thoughts?

GWB

Big Grin Why paint the stock?

Are you saying proper long range rifles have to be green or at the very worst, green?

PS. Nice rifle sir! How does it feel in the shoulder?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's one--Sav. Tgt. Action/225 Win.-8 twist McGowen/Neallum stock/Unertl BV-20 with 3 MOA dot system--

...and another-7-270 WSM Kirby Allen XP-100/3-12x Burris with 35% power booster (to shorten eye relief mostly)/7-twist Pac-Nor for 200 gr. Wildcat/McMillan stock--

...on an elk hunt--

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post

I think this belongs at the top of the forum.

Everyone else agree?

Don

Posts: 26538 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:

I think this belongs at the top of the forum.

Everyone else agree?

Don

tu2

Looks good to me!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post