Find
Notify
Tools

Snipers Hide
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shukaree:
So this is what long range shooting is all about, a bunch of old ladies squabbling, hhmmmmm i think i will give it a pass, good job representing, people.

Why bother even posting if this is the best you can do?

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MS Hitman:
quote:
So this is what long range shooting is all about, a bunch of old ladies squabbling, hhmmmmm i think i will give it a pass, good job representing, people.

This sort of posting is hardly wise is it mate?

What are you doing here, issuing a call for a more effective trolling of this thread?

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
Dang all I wanted to know was how not start a blood fued fishing

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
quote:
Originally posted by MS Hitman:
quote:

This sort of posting is hardly wise is it mate?

What are you doing here, issuing a call for a more effective trolling of this thread?

He wouldn't be the first to get zapped for being a troll. In retrospect, I should have asked why bother if this is the best you can offer to the forum.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
My unreserved apologies to you gents,it was not my place to pass judgement or offer an opinion.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dadgum! Gerard. You certainly know how to bring out the best in people...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
It must be something in the water, or they are bored. 680 plus views? Good grief!

However, I am pleased that some guys are getting the right information, instead of the biased numbers that are posted on SH. Have the pdf files posted by ply1951guy disappeared, or is it just that I cannot access them? I was banned from SH last week. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2848 | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Oom Gerard,

I have to get over to your place to order some bullets for the hunting season.
75's for the .243 Win ( Need some advise here)
Some 130's - .308
200's for the .375

Will try and make it this week. Hope all is well.

Best Regards
Marius

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
shukaree, don't beat yourself too much. There is a long history here!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

Here is simple; With what I have witnessed, Frank, the owner of the Hide, he's into it for the money and if you don't pay him to be a businessman on HIS site, he'll boot you pronto. He won't allow you to even help folks out, for free, without wanting to get into your pocket.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Marius,
Most of those are on the shelf, we look forward to see you.

GSSP,
Thanks, I figured as much. We were told something very similar at and after SHOT. Son in law, Anthony, attended. I can understand that one would have a commercial interest and act to further that interest, but downright slanting of facts and a refusal to correct wrong information, I do not understand. That is simply a disservice to the members at SH.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

how far are you from Steenbokpan? I will be there on April first, hunting with Reon von Tonden and his wife for ten days.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
As the crow flies it is 760 miles, according to Google Earth. By road of course, much more. By road in South Africa, much much more.

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerard:
I am guessing that some of the posters here also frequent Snipers Hide.

I posted this information on a thread at SH, only to have it deleted. I then posted a link to the information and that was also deleted.

So, to get the information across to at least some of the guys, I am posting it here,

Aw schucks don't worry about it, just put up the correct info in your site as you have.

BTW Excellent bullets you produce!

Another topic brought up: Setting up manufacturing in the U.S.

The area I live in (Pacific NW) is crying for small industry to move here. Logging was King but has been in serious decline. Many empty buldings and I am sure the local city/county fathers will assist in setting up.

Pros to my area: Inexpensive labor (U.S. Speaking), lots of land and/or buildings available, good logistics, less than 100 miles from the Seattle/Tacoma area, mild climate, good air service, right on the salt water if you have boating in mind, and Victoria B.C. only 21 miles away.

Cons: Poor hunting: No buffalo, elephant, lions, etc. We do have deer, elk, bear, cougar.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, you guys have got Frank at Snipers' Hide all wrong. What they are doing over there for the long-range sport has very little to do with advertising dollars except that it keeps the site running.

I consider it a top-rate site.

Just an opinion. No need for a feud.

Posts: 3 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post