New
Find
Notify
Tools

best Barrel?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never used this company but understand they are reputable for nitriding, MMI trutec.
I think they charge 60 bucks a barrel for coating. Has anyone here used them?

Posts: 44 | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I was shooting with a guy I know on the US Palma team and noticed he had a new barrel on his rifle. Since it was black I asked, "Is that a nitrided barrel?" Turns out it was a Lilja nitrided ty MMI Trutec. He said he only has 800 rounds through it and doesn't have an opinion on it yet but he says the one on his 6.5-284 is showing less throat growth than previous stainless barrels (.005" per 100 rounds).

No definitive answer but if anybody shoots enough to gain perspective it's him.

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of Harts and they were ok, but you're really doing yourself a disservice if you don't consider Brux. Outstanding barrels!

John

Lord, please grant me the strength to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Posts: 101 | Location: The Big Country | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Satern on a light weight 270 WSM. Last time I had it out it was holding 1/2 MOA at 846 yards.
The last rifle I had built is a long range varmint rifle chambered for 7 mag. My
'smith was firm in his view that Kreiger was THE barrel. It seems to shoot sub 1/2 MOA out past 1100 yards pretty reliably.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post