Notify
Tools

New Win - I want it right now!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Check it out:
http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.a...type_id=131&cat=003C

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
nice! thumb

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! And a very nice price! I wonder if boom stick knows yet?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To bad it is not in 45-70. But the power from the 450 is bascially the same. I went to my dealers today with the page printed off Winchesters web site and dealer told me I was the 4th person today to order one. He said his initial allocation was only three and that I probably would not see it till June. But wow........XS sights........scout scope mount....take down.......holds 6 in the tube... Dealer told me price will be $608 out the door.
Wild West guns charges $550 just to do the take down conversion plus refinishing costs.
Can you imange a sweeter set up for carrying on a snowmobile or ATV? Add a set of Leupold QR rings to a pistol scope and what an easy to carry inexpensive combo.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
Wow! And a very nice price! I wonder if boom stick knows yet?

yes...i have known for a couple of weeks...

it is the best thing going for this niche for under 1500 bucks!!!

700 is a steal...the only thing better is a 45-70 in stainless but it wont be worth the 4 years it would take marlin to catch on or catch up...i doubt winchester will do a 45-70 so i guess this is it...

with all the extras...x.s. sight system, scope mount, decent recoil pad, take down conversion it is like getting a new scope and conversion to a 450 alaskan for free!!!

i like the heeeeeaaaaavvvvvyyyyyy bullets so converting it to 50 alaskan or 450 alaskan makes sense to me.

i already have a guide gun in stainless so i think when i can afford another this class rifle this is it and i will have it rechambered (not that it needs it)

this is it guys...no sense in waiting for marlin to catch on...it will be happy with all its new sales on their xlr rifles i am sure...good news is buffalo bore has added 450 marlin to its line up so buy this one and sell it when someone down the line comes up with a stainless version at a comparable price.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27610 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

aint she pretty...

Posts: 27610 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

reflex264 on http://www.marlinowners.com was one of the first to know about it...this is a pic of the first prototype that was highly embelished

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just emailed WWG's to have a conversion done on a Guide rifle before this hit the web sight. Foolish to go that route now when the Winchester is so inexpensive. This could be the start of some cool levers coming out in the next couple of years if Marlin gets there head out of there ass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me, I can't help thinking I ought to come up with a use for the Takedown Trails End in 25/35...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't see it in the photo, Are they using that stupid thumb safety on this Rifle. I still can't see the need for any safety on a model 94.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you go to there site and pull up the expanded view version it looks like there is a tang mounted safety.

one of us
posted Hide Post
450 Marlin 6 lb

That's going to hurt.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage99:
450 Marlin 6 lb

That's going to hurt.

if you do push ups or benchpress that is the best way to overcome the pain...more muscle stronger shoulder more mass

that and just dont think about it

i like it light! ka-pow! +p+ loads are what i live for!

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
tang safty!

#!%$&!! i did not need another reason to buy it Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawyers won't let it out the door without a safety!!

I have a Encore with a .450 Marlin Katahdin 18" barrel and a Limbsaver pad and while it is not my favorite bench gun, it isn't too bad standing up...about like my Sako carbine in 375 H&H...more of a shove than like a magnum kick.

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im not impressed. i never did like 1894s ( cept maybe the 38-55 octigon or a M-64 32 special)
I ,for one dont ,like the fact that winchester has a great platform for the 450 marlin (1886) but instead chose to use the 1894 Bigbore for this and not the 1886. an 1886 takedown for $700 would be great! just think of all the differant barrel combos one could come upwith . im dreaming though . ...... dern winnychester

the 45-70 132 years and counting

Posts: 42 | Location: northwest MT | Registered: 17 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can find 1886 take downs in 45-70 for under a grand now. Bet there value drops like a rock.

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Damn, That's one hot little girl lookin for a new home. Looks like something they should have been marketing 50 years ago! I think that the .44Mag will be added to this years collections.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called my gunsmith today and put my name first up to order one in the 30-30. That round will never die.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take one- or two- in .348, please. And it doesn't even have to be stainless.

Catmandu

Posts: 109 | Location: NE,TN | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
I might buy one if they would chamber it for 45-70.

Walk softly and carry a big bore!

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The re-appearance of the takedowns is a good indication, all right. A better one would be more 1886's and Model 71's--solid or takedown.

Glad to see the old 25-35 and 38-55 making a curtain call, too. The 32-40 and 38-55 are Model 1894 holes that I need to fill.

Marlin better get right--or they will GET LEFT.

Fortuna favorat fortis

Posts: 299 | Location: Yucaipa CA | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid to ask when they expect to ship these........

John
Retired husband & grandpa

"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 87 | Location: On permanent vacation in the South West  | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like never

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup it will probably be put on hold until the Winchester name is bought and the plant in New Haven is reopened.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless they move manufactoring to Japan like they did the 1886's ( I hope)

one of us
posted Hide Post
They have already removed it from their web site.

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, that's like dangling a bone in front of a bunch of hungry dogs, then pulling it away. At least we know it has been conceptualized and perhaps has a prototype. Now somebody just needs to make it.

Catmandu

Posts: 109 | Location: NE,TN | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I checked after reading here, all the take downs were gone from the website.. Frowner

John
Retired husband & grandpa

"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 87 | Location: On permanent vacation in the South West  | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dealer called me today and told me he received a letter from the factory that none will be made. Bummer.