THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    what do you think of this recoil system for the guide gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what do you think of this recoil system for the guide gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link....earch-results1.jhtml

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put a pachmayer decellerator pad on my guide gun.Its 300% better than the rock hard stock pad.

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regular pachmeyer !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Pachmayr Decelerator works well but their prefit wasn't so I took Mjolnir to the gunsmith who suggested the Sims. I'm happy with it so far. Good hunting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
My prefit pad was 99% perfect fit! I got lucky.

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trapshooters have been useing Morgan Pads for years with great sucess. My wife has one on her Beretta A-390 Super Trap. If you have a long neck they make picking up the target quick and easy. I have a Marlin Guide Gun, and I don't find the recoil that bad, however mine is ported. A Morgan Pad will aid in gun fit, and thats 90% of the battle in winning the recoil war. billt

As far as the .45-70, this one is a little worse in the recoil dept.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
It might work, but it is really ugly. It also is not needed on a 45/70--- they don't kick that bad.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Yeah... i could see it on a trap/skeet gun, but not on a lever.

I would suggest a Kick-Ez or Limb Saver pad over that Pach. But just about anything would be better than the factory Marlin Pad.

"He who has it, would do well to have it as if he did not have it."

http://www.Savage24.com

.45 Throats for Pete's sake. http://www.cylindersmith.com

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote