THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    PMC .45-70 +P factory load performance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PMC .45-70 +P factory load performance
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used this ammo on elk, moose, bison, bear, etc.? How was the performance of the 350 gr. hornady bullet, did it penetrate, or flatten/come apart prematurely?

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not used it myself but all comments about it have been that it is very accurate and effective !

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
not on game but this is the best #$@%^!

a dollar a pop!!!

they could charge two and i'd still buy it...

should be adequate on elk out to 200 yards but i have not shot game with it yet...

i think it is a great hog round...

good luck

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Not sure on game, guaranteed to blow a hole clean through 2' of redwood though when popped out of a 450 marlin. And yes, it did expand! I have heard it does well on hogs and bears.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
The PMC 45-70 350 Hornady Flat Point is not the same bullet as the Hornady FP that we as reloaders can buy.The Hornady 350 FP that we as reloaders can buy was actually made for the .450 Marlin and it gives different pressures then the Hornady 350 RN.PMC's 350 was made just for PMC and is unavailable other than in there ammo.

I have no idea how they work on game but I would guess like the Hornady 350 FP opening sooner than the 350 RN and not having the RN's heavier jacket.The 350 Hornady RN was made for the .458 Win Mag and African plains game as was the 350 Speer but both work well in the 45-70 at the higher velocities.

Jayco

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote