THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Value, real Buffalo Bill presentation'86?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value, real Buffalo Bill presentation'86?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
My niece has a Model 1886 Winchester in 40-65, FM, SB,OB, 90% or better condition, excellent bore, which was left to her by her grandfather on the other side of the family. It was given to him by his father (her paternal great-grandfather) who was Sheriff in either Virginia City or Carson City (I can't recall which), Nevada in the late 1800's.

The really neat thing is, she also has his badge, and a picture of the rifle being presented to her great-grandfather by Wm F. Cody. It has never been outside the family since that presentation. If we were to put it up for auction, does anyone have any ideas as to how much we should reasonably expect to net?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
wow Eeker

i would get a pro to appraise...

any connections here?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote