Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Cases for air travel Login/Join 
posted
Folks

I have a big 3 gun Americase I took to Africa. They are no longer in business. I am looking for something smaller (2) gun with wheels for shorter North American trips. If you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Best Tim Villarreal

las Vegas Nevada

702-233-8628

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have been using an aluminium case by KK AIR for so many years.

A bit heavy, but has worked so well for me.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Mine is a two gun case - it will hold two scoped rifles - and is made of 0.08" thick aluminum with welded seams and a double-barred, two padlock locking system.

It is more than 25 years old and still tougher than a $2 steak.

I don't even know if they make one like it anymore. Seems like everything is plastic these days.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As I said I have a Americase good tuff no longer made will try and fin a smaller two gun case.

Thanks

Tim

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the SKB cases? I have pelican and americase cases but SKB is my favorite.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I've carried firearms around the USA and overseas with the firearms in Negrini (Beretta type) or cheap-o plastic cases that I then put in an SKB case with wheels. I have a long SKB case, outside OAL 54", for rifles and a shorter SKB case, outside OAL 44", for shotguns. I've carried one or two cases in the short SKB. I've only carried one rifle at a time in the longer SKB but I wouldn't be surprised if I could get two in there. The last time I flew with guns was a trip to Portugal and I used the short SKB to carry a Paradox gun in an H&H case and a Browning BLR (the rifle was short enough) in a slip case. Using that method the firearms are very, very safe and secure and the case is easy to roll into and out of airports, hotels, etc. At the destination I remove the internal cases and use those to carry the guns around for local travel.

Both of the SKB cases I use are "double" gun cases and come with a removable divider that is used to separate the bottom firearm from the upper firearm. You could put your firearms in gun slips and use the divider. But they'll still flop around in there. So, I remove the divider and use the cases as explained above.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote