New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signature line help Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted
I've noticed that many members, in their signature lines, have links to their former hunt reports.
When I edit my profile, I see that I can add a link, but how do I title it "2013 hunt" instead of http://www.......

Thanks

Posts: 168 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See 'retitle links" by BNagel, about 5 entries below your post.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
I think he was referring to links in posts. I don't see a title portion in my profile. An I missing something?

Posts: 168 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ropati - it works the same in your signature as it does in your posts. here's what i would do:

start a "new post," or reply to a post (this thread would be a good plave to do it, in fact).

format your hunt report and link the way you want using the url button.

when you hit OK, the properly-coded link/title will appear; simply highlight and COPY it, then post the post (or even cancel the post, if you prefer).

go into your profile and paste the code into your signature.

there are probably easier or more efficient ways to do it, but that will do the job and it is easy to follow the steps, even for computer-illiterate folks like us! beer

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
Next try. Did it show up?

One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
How about now?

One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
still not right. I can create a link and re-title it, but it won't let me paste that re-titled link into the signature line in my profile. If so, only the words show up, not as a hyperlink.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
I've edited your signature line and inserted what you wanted.

You may have been putting it in the section where it says home page, not signature.

In any case, if you go to your profile you will see what I did and can edit it as needed.

Don't forget to hit submit after the changes or they don't take effect.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
Don,
Still not quite sure how you did it, but thanks very much for taking the time to help.

Rob

One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
Don,
Now I see.

Thanks to everyone.

Rob