Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How can I post a PM thread here Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I got some baby girl talking trash in a PM, but I do not know how to post that PM on a thread. How do I do that? Or, can a Moderator do it for me?

thanks,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
PMs should remain between those who are involved with them, not posted on the forum.

That is the whole idea of PMs - Private Messages!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67050 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cut and paste!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
You don't. Posting a pm without permission of all parties is. Short route to banning by being dishonorable

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38516 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think both parties have given permission to do so.

It would clear up a lot of questions for members about the accusations flying around about each other. Folks being slandered on the Board should have some way of "shining the light of truth" and putting these things to rest once and for all.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
stir

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey RICH, use the block/ignore feature if you don't want unwanted pm's.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Folks being slandered on the Board should have some way of "shining the light of truth" and putting these things to rest once and for all.

on AR? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
funny thing, I have twice had private messages posted on the boards. This year. Both parties are still here.

Rich

old

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
funny thing, I have twice had private messages posted on the boards. This year. Both parties are still here.

Rich

old

Rich
I think you over looked that all pigs are equal, some pigs are more equal.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

no funnier than you posting something from a pm about another members wife and still getting to remain. quit CRYBABY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can reply to a PM in public. You just cannot quote it as a PM, according to Jeffe.

That is what I want clarification on.

You still mad because I turned your offer down?

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Is this about the time I pm'ed you and called you a cabbage-loving neo-leftist, closet doily-knitter?

I stand by everything I said, except the cabbage bit obviously.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we ALL know what's in those crocheting bags you carry around!

I hear when you're not tippling, you're tatting!

Rich

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Well, it's practically a family tradition! Big Grin

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
You don't. Posting a pm without permission of all parties is. Short route to banning by being dishonorable

Oh, puh-leease. If honor were the banning standard, AR would be down to like 205 members by next Tuesday.

Eeker Big Grin

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Then Rich, stop PM-ing me!!!

You are not welcome at my place!!!

I did post your PM challenging me to "say it to my face and see what happens"

I also sent it to admin. for review tu2

If you have a problem with any of my post don’t hide behind a PM. Say what you will on the thread that the subject is on.

I don’t want a PM from you of any kind!!!!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

I disagree with this type of governing 100%

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
Is this about the time I pm'ed you and called you a cabbage-loving neo-leftist, closet doily-knitter?

I stand by everything I said, except the cabbage bit obviously.

Laughed out loud at that one Ghubert.

No people in history have ever
survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves
inoffensive to their enemies.

Posts: 1689 | Location: North MS U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
quote:

I disagree with this type of governing 100%

Seriously?

If you have an issue with a PM, you report it .. small yellow triangle in the lower right corner. If it is inappropriate, then it will be addressed.

if you want someone to leave you alone, put them on your ignore list, and they can't PM you. the tools are available for your use.

However, a PRIVATE conversation is exactly that - PRIVATE .. there is no way to share the context and history, and we frequently find persons talk more freely than they do in public.

Let's be certain we understand the word PRIVATE -- that is confidential conversations that not even the admins can see, UNLESS REPORTED and only a couple persons can see, not all the mods, btw, in that context.

That you disaree with that "type of governing", which is considered standard practice for protecting the privacy of all, means that you would also support the FBI releasing their email data mining software, to investigate ALL emails for content -- without probably cause.

In short, you are free to turn off your PMs, if you don't like that you can't share them, therefore forcing all communication to be public or your own email.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38516 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The operative word here is PRIVATE MESSAGE!

It should be private, between the parties involved, no one else.

Even us as administrators do not have access to PMs.

Sometimes we get a copy of a PM send to us by one of the parties, asking for advice, and we are always happy to help, if we can.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67050 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not know how to post that PM on a thread. How do I do that?

i agree with all the replies telling you that PMs are private and should be dealt with privately. if you have an issue with a PM - hit the little "report" icon that looks like a triangle in the lower right-hand corner.

having said that - the answer to your question is to cut and paste.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote