THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    I've declared war on skeeters...It's open season!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've declared war on skeeters...It's open season!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Deutsch-Drahthaar
posted
clap

This morning I went to wally world (Wal-Mart) and purchased a new mosquito magnet. This evening I've already dumped on net full with a easy 5000+ skeeters in it.

I am sold! It's funny that I am getting such a cheap thrill watching them little son-of-bitches stuck in the trap through the little window knowing that it the end of the road for them!

What a day. Drinking a cold brew and watching them skeeters die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to pitch anything...But this thing is worth every last red cent if you have a problem with skeeters.

Ben

Combat vet by choice...Don't make me have a flashback!
Michael Savage...Fight Liberals! Liberalism is a mental disease!
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

Posts: 112 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
My brother has one and loves it. He sent me a bag full of the dead little buggers 2 years ago. Eeker

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's not the sons of bitches that you have to complain about. It's the daughters. Sons don't bite.

I've always these things draw mosquitos out of my timber (floodplain forest) faster than they kill them.

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can definitely understand the sadistic pleasure in watching the little bugger die but you can't win against them. They will get you somewhere sometime and make you look like you have chicken pox. It's their job!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12936 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can definitely understand the sadistic pleasure in watching the little bugger die but you can't win against them.

That may be true....But they won't win at my house! In the woods it's fair game. But at my house they are in a world of hurt.

Posts: 112 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Speaking of skeeter defense, I just had an interesting experience after my lunchtime fishing trip. I put some deet on my ears to keep the buggers at bay, and then found my telephone was sticking to my ear when I got back to the office. The deet had started to melt the phone! I hadn't even put that much on.

Not sure if they are worse this year or not. I try to ignore them, and it's only when I'm sitting/standing still that they really bother me, like fishing. Now the whitesocks, those are just plain nasty, but skeeters aren't so bad most of the time Wink

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
how much are they?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27601 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the mosquito magnet defender 1/2 acre model at wally world for $294.00.

I came home from work today and made an evil laugh after looking in the trap....I love it.

Speaking of deet...Paul H. I've had that stuff eat pain off a boat like paint thinner....Nasty stuff. I hate the greasy feel of deet. But what can a man do?

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is my second season with a MM and being able to sit out in the back yard without being covered in DEET or wearing a head net is a whole new experience! I went with the 1/2 acre model and am almost ready to pick up another to cover more. If it flies....it dies!

And FWIW, the skeeters were unusually nasty down in Anchorage this past weekend. We must be chasing them south!

Posts: 513 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the worst mosquito year we've had here in the river bottom.........went to a friends cabin three miles SW of us and you couldn't stand and talk without getting a mouthful....just clouds of the buggers.

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
So it's not just me, they are bad this year. My poor dog has a dozen or so on his snout and a cloud buzzying around his head everytime I take him for a walk.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote