Find
Notify
Tools

My 2018 guiding season.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Dang---I heard it never rains on Kodiak. Those billies have some nice fur. Hope they are doing a full body mount. Or at least a 1/2. Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya both full body mounts. Nothing quite as fun as packing meat AND lifesize hides off the mountian. But as usual once it’s over you can’t wait to go back!

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Goat hunters are doing great this year. Seen a few other hunters get some.
Good job Jake.

one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the nice post.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dad wasn’t picky, kid did good too. Normal Kodiak expect the bears wanted our Deer. No salmon this fall.

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes very nice.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Headed back out on Sunday. Two deer trips left. Will be taking a electric fence along to see if it will help this trip.

Master guide #212

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck buddy!!

Ski+3
Kalispell, MT

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well four more Deer are dead. Three more bears are fed. Momma and cub had a great time with two of them and a younger show enjoyed one as well.
But this time I had a electric fence!! Haha I’ll show those bears whose boss! Well the cub walked straight thru it, momma pushed it over and then buried the power source. Didn’t bury anything but the power box which I thought was interesting.
So I packed up the fence and put it away. Had a bear right up against the tent one night as well but it just passed on by.
Weather was still warm.

Master guide #212

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
But this time I had a electric fence!! Haha I’ll show those bears whose boss! Well the cub walked straight thru it, momma pushed it over and then buried the power source. Didn’t bury anything but the power box which I thought was interesting.

Why does this remind me of Willy coyote and the roadrunner? rotflmo

Anyway it looks like your clients are getting some nice deer.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jake
Looks like a great place to hunt deer.
Might do that some day.
What a time to have had a Kodiak Brown Bear Tag.
Do you still offer the deer and bear hunting ?
I believe I heard at one time you did a combo.
Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suppose to start the last Deer hunt today. But weather on the ground is canceling flights. Gonna try it again tomorrow.

Master guide #212