THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Zastava status - Jun 6, Delivery update !
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava status - Jun 6, Delivery update !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just off the phone and the rifles are to be in on the 6/22 start to ship the next week.Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I expect photos and reviews no later than July 1! Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my rings and bases in yesterday. Hopefully I will get to put them on a rifle soon.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What caliber options did you order, I ordered a 223 double triggers and a 7 X 57 anxious to shoot them and see if I like the stocks.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The same 223 that you ordered along with a 458. Not that I needed a 458, but I wanted to play with one.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clintsfolly:
Just off the phone and the rifles are to be in on the 6/22 start to ship the next week.Clint

Today is the magic day. I'm camping out in front of my FFL dealer until they arrive. dancing

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim did you have your FFL information sent yet? Sounds of (are we there yet) from the back seat are heard!

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I'm waiting to hear from them that the rifles are actually here. I suppose it could be sent in anytime, probably not a bad idea to do so.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Elliot said that he would start calling everyone when the rifles are received at their address to complete the payments.

I emailed Elliot a copy of my FFL's license when I ordered my tifle.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

When you get your rifles, how about a review with pictures.

Thanks,
Roger QSL

Posts: 1409 | Location: S. E. ARIZONA | Registered: 05 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Elliot. I had my FFL fax in a copy of the license and wanted to be sure he received it.

As an afterthought I asked if he had heard anything more on the left handed Mausers and he said, "I was told for sure they would be here next week."

IIRC we were told the rifles would be at K-Var 90 days after February 10th.

As of today, 138 days and counting.

Guess I will operate on the "all good things come to he who waits" principle. Wink

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim in Idaho:
Just got off the phone with Elliot. I had my FFL fax in a copy of the license and wanted to be sure he received it.

As an afterthought I asked if he had heard anything more on the left handed Mausers and he said, "I was told for sure they would be here next week."

IIRC we were told the rifles would be at K-Var 90 days after February 10th.

As of today, 138 days and counting.

Guess I will operate on the "all good things come to he who waits" principle. Wink

Unfortunately, I have been told that they would be in their hands "next week" for the last four weeks.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sure they will get here. Someday.

In the meantime I think our friendly sales rep has earned himself a nickname - Elliot "Next Week" Milmeister. Wink

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The latest quote from Elliot:

"I was told that I would have them this week for sure."

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the holiday this week I won't hold my breath. At this point I'm not worried, never had a chance to get a rifle like this before, having to wait a little while is no big deal.

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How you can put a date of delivery on firearms with all the inherent problems associated with shipping, importing, customs etc etc etc amazes me.

Even my earlier post of wait till they arrive and add 4+ weeks has blown out and I thought I was being pessimistic.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lost 10 lbs pacing back en forth waiting!! Almost as bad as when the wife had the kids. Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys crack me up. I will be surprised if this ever happens and will not believe it until I have said gun resting in my hands.

Hope is free....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it next week yet?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is always a next week. I am with hacklebackmor I will believe there here when I have it in hand

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have wanted a LH Mauser for 35-40 yrs wants a few more weeks?? Just hope it in time to get ready for deer season!! Clint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hacklebackmor:
You guys crack me up. I will be surprised if this ever happens and will not believe it until I have said gun resting in my hands.

Hope is free....

Hope is free, but the $100 deposit was not. But I also understand how things like customs, etc. are out of their hands.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The weekly update from Elliot.

In regards to my question as to whether they had received the rifles yet, his answer was:

"Still waiting."

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
If he has not yet received the shipment, it is hard to blame him for the delay. I'm sure he has a lot riding on this and wants them as much as we do. Confused

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to maybe understand why nobody imports left handed Mausers. Apparently they are such wonderous objects that Customs officers are transfixed and must stare at them for weeks before finally snapping out of their rapturous state and approving them for release!

Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fjold should be commended for his persistence. Elliot has to be tiring from his weekly calls Smiler

At the same time and after 3-4 weeks of the guns supposedly being in-country, surely there's more than 'next week' or 'still waiting' as an explanation. Something on the order of 'longshoremen on strike' or 'customs is dragging their feet' or 'paperwork is screwed up' would serve to let those waiting know more.

K-Var won't start sweating until the timeline gets nearer 180 days from the date of order. They probably got 180 day terms on the $30K + that it took to order 60+ guns.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The game people play with delivery on guns is never surprising. My guess is Elliot really doesnt have a clue and he is just passing along second hand information from the factory.

Try not to get your panties up in a wad over the slow deliveries and exceeding the promised delivery dates. All it is goning to do is make you mad and give you stress.

I kind of viewed this entire importation thing with a raised eye brow in the first place. Of course would like to see the rifles come in, but if they don't we should get the deposits back.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm not calling. I email Elliot every week as that's how he asked me to keep in touch with him for status updates so that I could keep the group informed without tying him to his phone.

Up to now his answers were always preceeded by "my Manager says..." or "my Manager is going to get an update on ....."

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
It does seem that it can be very difficult to get accurate despatch information out of Kragujevac.

Beretta Oz, after their experience with delays with their first Zastava shipment, have discontinued giving ETA's. They will only confirm when a shipment actually hits Oz Customs, now.

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I did not order a rifle, but Elliott should at least state whether the guns are:

• still being manufactured
  • built, but still in Serbia
  • on a boat headed here
  • in a warehouse awaiting Customs clearance
  • out of Customs and awaiting shipment to K-Var's warehouse

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
I did not order a rifle, but Elliott should at least state whether the guns are:

• still being manufactured
  • built, but still in Serbia
  • on a boat headed here
  • in a warehouse awaiting Customs clearance
  • out of Customs and awaiting shipment to K-Var's warehouse

George

+1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just letting us know what is going on would be very helpful Clint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gadge:
It does seem that it can be very difficult to get accurate despatch information out of Kragujevac.

Beretta Oz, after their experience with delays with their first Zastava shipment, have discontinued giving ETA's. They will only confirm when a shipment actually hits Oz Customs, now.

And even that can be a bit of a gamble (referring to customs).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest from the importer as of 5 minutes ago:

"The last I was told they are ready to be put on the plane to get here and we
are just waiting for the Serbians to get their paperwork done. Once it is
done the stuff will fly out and arrive here. It doesn't come by container
ship, so it can get here quickly. That is all of the info I have currently
been given"

IMO we are at least 6 weeks out from seeing any, if they come in at all.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sadly, I tend to agree.

I'm betting I see a 9.3x62 Tikka T3 that I special ordered in Feb, with a ship date of 1 Aug, before I see anything from K-Var.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Barrels:
quote:

Sadly, I tend to agree.

Why do you think you won't see them at all ?

The US End not allowing them in or the other end not allowing them out ?

We know their are delays but non shipping of the order would be worrying.

Any ideas ?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You know what's surprising is this order was put with their regular order from Zastava.

Supposedly they have done this before so both K-Var and the Serbians should have the routine down by now and both should know how long it takes to get the paperwork done, get it shipped and cleared through customs.

It actually sounds like K-Var has never imported a gun from Zastava before.

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been patient since I sent off my deposit and didn't worry much about the delivery of the rifles but I have to admit I am beginning to have doubts. I don't know anything about the ins and outs of importing firearms,I just wanted my left handed 7x57 and thought this would be a good way to get one. I'll try to be a patient a while longer but it's getting difficult to believe we will actually see a rifle and I am a little concerned about the deposit. Losing a $100 deposit is not going to leave me broke but no one likes to lose a hundred bucks either. Maybe I should just keep quiet and wait. Confused

Mart

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
505G, not suggesting that the Zastava's won't be seen at all. My bad, should have edited my quote.

In light of today's news, I think the biggest disappointment for most might be that with all of the 'next week' talk, it was assumed (and we now know wrongly) that 'next week' meant the guns would be in K-Var's hands for redistribution. As it turns out, 4 weeks later, 'next week' meant in transit to the the USA.