Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming 2012
 Login/Join

posted
Was hunting out in eastern Wyoming this last fall. We had a great time. Holly shot her first antelope, and I shot my pb Muley. The weather started out 80's during the first couple days and then cooled off and woke up to snow the last 2 days!! It was an awesome time.

Posts: 12 | Location: Mantorville, MN | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great hunt. I really like the wilderness tent hunt idea. I am really glad you focused on the hunt and not on the bragging of big heads. I recon such is a hunt is far more difficult to do and more memorable - at least for me.

What are all the pick ups? Very curious about them & the porcupine. Did you eat the porcupine? Theya re a delicacy in India & Africa (differnt species).

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great report, thanks for sharing, looks like a great time. Hopefully many more to come for you and Holly....

Posts: 36 | Location: Texas & New Mexico | Registered: 01 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the AR boards. That looks like one great hunt.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johnsy,

Nice! Cherish a women that will hunt with you and like it. A lot of my most memorable hunts have been when Sadie and I got dropped off in the wilderness and spent a week in a backpack tent. I hope you and Holly have many more adventures together.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12876 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I shot the porcupine for a friend who wanted a lifesize mount. It was a great time.

Posts: 12 | Location: Mantorville, MN | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, um, does Holly happen to have a sister or friend? Cool

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great hunt. Those are some wonderful photos.

I will be visiting/hunting Wyoming for the first time this coming fall...can hardly wait!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Superb Picture.

DSure you had a good time.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You're a lucky guy! Great pictures.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a good hunt! It looks like you were in the same unit that a friend and I hunted antelope for last fall. We drove down the night it snowed.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ragsxd
posted Hide Post
great hunt and pics

Posts: 53 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!
Based upon the pictures I would guess you were somewhere in the Evanston- Kemmerer-Rocksprings-Flaming Gorge area. Am I close?

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually like big 3's so nice deer.

I like big old forkies better. We had a friend that killed a forkie that was probably 7 or 8 years old and 30 inches wide.

Posts: 33 | Location: Lander, Wyoming | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We were hunting outside of Lusk Wyoming

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were around the Lusk area as well. Some really nice country out that way.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Awesome !!! what a nice landscapes, pictures, trophies, thanks for sharing. G

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate's Life:
So, um, does Holly happen to have a sister or friend? Cool

Hold on there..I get first dibs.... Whistling

Thanks for your posting, what a fine hunting experience that was.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photo's and trophies.
Thanks for posting.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote