ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    A New “Record Red Deer” From Argentina and Another One in the Making

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A New “Record Red Deer” From Argentina and Another One in the Making
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
From the African Indaba

A New “Record Red Deer” From Argentina and Another One in the Making
Gerhard Damm

After the well known Burlei affair a couple of years ago, the specter of captive red stags, bred, born, raised, manipulated and shot to satisfy some person’s ambition to hang a record size piece of bone on a “trophy wall” respectively to satisfy the ambition of the owners to maximize profits raises again its ugly head. We have received notice of a so-called world record deer shot in a small enclosure in Argentina’s La Pampa province after having been bred and raised on a deer-breeding farm near Buenos Aires. Although this stag is claimed as being the new world and South American record based on the existing CIC measuring methods, this “claim to fame” has no authorization whatsoever through the CIC or its Commission on Exhibitions and Trophies; it was not measured by any official CIC measurers and in all likelihood will never be submitted for official measuring, taking into account the rumors which have surfaced so far.

Another potential record stag – even larger than the mentioned Argentinean stag – was recently offered to the highest bidder by a European booking agent. The respective email, which we have in copy, reads “new world record red stag both in SCI and CIC measurement systems (over 700 SCI points and over 300 CIC points).Will be sold to the hunter who makes the highest offer. The hunt can be taken starting now and until September”. We do not want to speculate where this monster stag is growing, but we have heard that the CIC took exception to the use of its name and accordingly advised the booking agent who spread the email.-------

Where are the SCI Inner Circle Hunters for collecting this 700 SCI POINTS WORLD RECORD Big Grin

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooting and hunting are two different pastimes. It's a shame that some can't distinguish between the two.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
wow, on the article, what an overwhelming use of inference to try and make an undocumentment "speculation" seem like confirmed facts.

"we have received notice" .. FROM WHO .. anonymous via the internet, I would expect, as a factual source would have been at least described.
"in all likelihood" .. what a bunch of HOOEY .. and self contradicts the article that killing a "pen raised" deer, for maximum profits AND ego would go undocumented.

"we have heard that the CIC took exception" .. did they or didn't they, and, WHO CARES, its fair use to estimated scoring based off known systems. They didn't say CIC was endorsing the hunting/shoot/whatever. FAIR USE, like FAIR CHASE isn't hard to understand ,,,

rumor, inuendo, specters and dramatic language.. you know its a myth at that point

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38543 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Sadly this is becaming more and more common in my country,guarateed puma hunts,garanteed record stags and so on ,personally i hunt unfenced farms ,and i never garanteed a trophy to my clients ,because of that i have 50 wingshooter to 1 big game hunter ,but we must study ,if big game hunters arent becoming trophy collectors ,i believe we must encourage fenced and unfenced trophy lists in ARGENTINA because ,today there is only one trophy list and thats a great unjustice to the hunters who walks the busjh of la pampa or los andes mountains through weeks ,most of the times with not results.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
is there a pic anywhere

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote