New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 Wounded Warrior in Action bear hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Justin Hall was the lucky Marine who I had the pleasure of taking on a guide hunt here at Skinner Creek.
Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation is an organization which take Purple hear recipients hunting and fishing as part of the healing process.
In 6 days Justin killed a couple of smoker boars and had the time of his life.
I thought I would share a few pictures of the event. There where some generous donations from AR members which went to helping defray the costs of putting on the hunt .
as well as other wwiaf hunts. Thanks to all you generous people.

Does any one know what this is???

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Congrats on a the hunt and sharing the pics! I'm glad you got to host a Wounded Warrior and thanks again for giving back.

Matt

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug:

You are the man.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
That is good stuff Doug. I guided and spoke at a wounded warriors group hunt near Fort Bragg in NC in April. We had about 8 Special Forces guys with different injuries, and it was incredible to be a part of something like that. Those guys are the best. Thanks for your continued support of our heroes!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

Thanks for doing what you do.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
We were next to the WW at DSC last year an spent time talking to them. They were great guys and we left them some Hoxleigh items for their auctions.

The way those guys handled their injuries was an inspiration. Hats off to anyone that take time out to help them get out hunting.

K

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
We were next to the WW at DSC last year an spent time talking to them. They were great guys and we left them some Hoxleigh items for their auctions.

The way those guys handled their injuries was an inspiration. Hats off to anyone that take time out to help them get out hunting.

K

K

Was this Wounded Warriors in Action or Wounded Warrior Project?
Wounded Warrior in Action spends their money on getting Purple heart recipients out in the woods not on advertising and administration.

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I don't remember to be honest but the Purple Heart angle rings a bell. I can find out if you like, but from what I remember it was all about getting guys out into the field.

K

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Kiri:

Wounded Warrior Outdoors (http://www.woundedwarrioroutdoors.com/) was set up next to you at DSC.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Cheers buddy,

We just booked our booths for January. Will you be attending?

K

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Clara and I will be there and we look forward to seeing ya'll and enjoying elevensies with you again. We already booked the Omni. We will be in the UK in October to do some stalking and plan to spend a few days in London seeing the sights.

Saludos........Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice one Doug - that you for supporting this great cause.

Orvar

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its my pleasure to do this for the fine men and women wounded in combat.
Already things are progressing for next years WWIAF hunt. It looks like Nosler Magnum TV will be here filming it again and Howe and Howe Tech may supply an awesome gas driven track chair, called the Rip Chair. From Maine to BC for some special serviceman to hunt here with Skinner Creek.

Doug McMann
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0